A tale of two Bf110's

bcauchi

Hi Shawn, thanks for your comment. The photos  i have os Falk's 110 do not have any mods on the exhausts. However, the ones on Martin Drewes' machine are very complicated and were done using a mix of aluminium tube and milliput. you will see these later on in the photos of the finished planes.....unless i missed something!

In his book "The Happy Falcon" Falck makes mention of the flame dampers.

After hours of research and many many many books I've finally found pics of the darn things lol.

Drews machine Im not familiar with, being a G its going to have one of 2 common flame dampers.

That said, I've found more then 5 different exhausts on 110's!

On 12/25/2018 at 12:34 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Excellent work fellow B-ri!  

This reminds me MUCH of work that used to happen in "Russville".

Yeah, Russ was a bang up modeler. Mr. Cauchi is AMAZING....His old Revell Corsair and P-40K builds are out of this world!

Awesome work.

THOR    :ph34r:

Hi Ray, this is an old build, these two babies have been ready since 2010. Just wanted to share the build with you guys since the revell kit demanded a lot of scratchbuilding.

Shawn, the photo i have of this machine, which incidentally Falck himself had sent me does not have any flame dampers at all. However, he flew quite a number of 110's so they might have been installed on another machine.

The shape of the Revell fuselage was found to be totally wrong and i used milliput and plastic strip to correct it. The cross section was too round and needed to be 'squared off' at the corners. here is some of the work done on the fuselage. pnyYqkaqjplkEUd5qjplb06T17jpnOcA5IAjpnuWi4zsjpnwUO7TIjThe wing to fuselage fairing was built up by masking off the area and using automotive primer filler sprayed on in successive coats.

pmK6hwCAjpntkKzeWjpoSXEev2jpmOUtTZKjpoLuWyUFjpoFSawIAjpndlk43KjpoZuT7Gwj

Next up is the painting of the cockpit interior so that the fuselage halves can be closed up.