A tale of two Bf110's

bcauchi

I am posting this work from way back in 2010, some of the stuff I have been doing since I stopped posting my work on LSP for various reasons, mostly lack of time. If this is inappropriate just let me know and I will stop since this is not exactly a work in progress but someone might save on research by seeing what i did to these two kits. One is the Dragon C-7 which is near perfect and only required minor additions. The other is the old Revell model, whatever mark that was supposed to be, which was converted with lots of scratchbuilding into a G4.  These models portray the aircraft flown by Wolfgang Falck and Martin Drewes respectively, two great men whom I was lucky enough to communicate with. They therefore have special meaning for me. Well here goes.  Although i worked in parallel on these two birds, since the Revell model was the one requiring major work, it is the one which features most in the following process. Here goes.

vYZfc7.jpgThis is the reworked cockpit floor from the kit.v69Ta3.jpg6vShlm.jpgcockpit sidesWyJDQn.jpgTwin rear gun ammo containerSZeune.jpgFrame for twin radio operator/rear gunner seatsmft9GX.jpgRight hand side ammo container for twin schrage musik cannonpl2aYAqmj Left hand side ammo container for the 20mm including the oxygen regulator and instrument panel with oxygen pressure gauge and indicator.

pohLfSZ6jpmJ0dpvaj Combo twin seat for radio operator/rear gunner. One was made of netting and the other from woven fabric strips, not the most comfortable ride it seems. i made the netting from surgical gauze and the woven strips from masking tape. The belts were individually made from masking tape and buckles.

pmQ3ftfGjpoIKdpChj

pozmLSmojall the above sub assemblies placed in the cockpit.pmmhDwAbjpoRbluJZjplOBxk8Fj

pl5eeOrSjthe cockpit starts to look busy now.

More progress with my next update where work starts on the instrument panel and other equipment in the cockpit.

Next up are the scratchbuilt schrage musik twin 20mm cannon. I used the extra drum magazines from the Dragon kit to compliment these guns. You can see them compared to the kit part from the Dragon kit which is obviously the grey part.

pmDiDbQfjpnxvzAh5jpo9o28VxjplHfpS0LjpoYqdhcGjpoP3Moi0jpmBGXW8Gjpl2BmIDEjpnCRBXWKjpnQNnoHTjpo58edALj

pl1LctQ1j

pmhWSYAAjpmxBvneIjpoYy6sP2jseat structure comes together

pmhfVlSrjpmW4gSC7jTwin rear mg's resin

poG2rtQ1jpmwsxQ2Fjpo25ggO2jpogPr1WvjWith ammo beltspl8vsi1Kj

pn93oVlhj

pmVfZhlXj

Next up will be the corrections required to the fuselage shape which is notally off and needs to be corrected.