Sign in to follow this  
TorbenD

Amsterdam bound

Posted (edited)

If you want to visit the Anne Frank House please note that you can only get tickets online. The museum is next to my office from where I type this.:)

Cees

Edited by Cees Broere

Thx Chris and Cees.

Yup, we ran into that ticket issue with Anne Frank House and missed out last summer as none were available for the days we were in town - the queues went around the block despite the online booking too. It’s on the list this time for definite.

Cees, what a great part of town to have an office, it’s a lovely stretch of the canals around that way.

Cheers,

Torben

Take a trip down to Arnhem visit the bridge and the small museum under it, I did it last year and I think it was 22.50 Euros return on the train. Also if you have time take the short trip on the bus from the main bus station the No 1 if I remember right to Oosterbeek to visit the cemetery.

Graham

Nice one! I hadn’t thought of going quite that far but if I manage to wangle staying over for one of the weekends I’ll look into that, cheers Graham 

Torben

I'm Amsterdam bound in March..

My favourite band has a bi-annual convention down south at Port Zelande (at the Center Parcs site) and we always have a night out in the 'Dam before travelling down.

It's always a lot of fun!

One thing that always strikes me is that the Dutch people probably speak the English language better than us English people!

If you want a little bite to eat after a few beers then i can highly recommend a Shorma shop. I lived off these when i used to visit Roermond and Eindoven on our nights out from our airbase in Germany.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:40 PM, AlanG said:

If you want a little bite to eat after a few beers then i can highly recommend a Shorma shop. I lived off these when i used to visit Roermond and Eindoven on our nights out from our airbase in Germany.

Wildenrath, Brüggen or Lahrbruch??........