Sign in to follow this  
Dave Roof

Academy 1/35 AH-1Z sprue shots! Looks like they nailed it!

59 minutes ago, Usmcski said:

I hear you on so many levels!  If Academy has the stones to tackle a large scale Z, I'd love to see them remold their W (with option for turned exhaust, new canopy, and NTS/non-NTS), and a G as well.  Hell, while we're at it, lets see the whole family of Army and Marine Snakes (what I wouldn't give to build a big J, T and W).  And how about a November and Yankee to go with them?  I can dream, can't I?

Semper,

Ski

You nailed it Ski!  I might still buy the Zulu, if nothing else to support Academy and maybe it'll nudge them into going big time into large scale helos! 

I was fortunate to have worked with Academy on the 1/32 F/A-18C/D, the 1/32 F-16C and the 1/48 CH-53E and CH-46E.

I've reached out to my POC and received a response. Will do my absolute best to push the Yankee and a new Whiskey.

That is one hell of an awesome looking Cobra.

Some 40 years on we still await a great Vietnam Cobra where it made its name and established its reputation.

Would still love by far to see a Vietnam bird covered in nose art at some point...

7 hours ago, 32tragic said:

Don't waste you're money on the RB set. They're way too short. The Master Model barrels are almost dead on accurate.

On 12/21/2018 at 6:58 AM, John1 said:

I gotta state this for the record - Why would Academy go to the trouble of releasing a kit of the Zulu version (which probably has somewhat limited appeal) and not opt for the original Snake,  the AH-1G Huey Cobra?  

My guess is: because it's new?