Jump to content
patricksparks

1:18 Hobbyboss AV-8B Harrier

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello Patrick,

 

Really great job! I’m making the HB 1/18 Fw190 but I’m not detailing it anywhere near this level.

 

interesting kits!

 

Guy

Edited by Gisbod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Great work Pat. Every little tweak makes it look SO much less toy-like than the base kit.

 

Here is a link to that GTS that Mr Everett has for sale for when you decide to open up those access panels ;). I wish I had £6k floating around free - it would make a great house backup generator and really annoy the old bag dear lady next door.

 

And here is a link to the page where Vitaliy deals with the awkward shape of that intake at the top and bottom edges. Whilst looking for this, I notice that he discovered a hole of some sort in the aft face of those boundary air chimneys that is just about visible from the top. Probably only if the canopy is off but I thought you might like to know...

 

Kirk

Edit: Nice pic here of what's under them big doors...

Edited by Kirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kirk said:

Great work Pat. Every little tweak makes it look SO much less toy-like than the base kit.

 

Here is a link to that GTS that Mr Everett has for sale for when you decide to open up those access panels ;). I wish I had £6k floating around free - it would make a great house backup generator and really annoy the old bag dear lady next door.

 

And here is a link to the page where Vitaliy deals with the awkward shape of that intake at the top and bottom edges. Whilst looking for this, I notice that he discovered a hole of some sort in the aft face of those boundary air chimneys that is just about visible from the top. Probably only if the canopy is off but I thought you might like to know...

 

Kirk

Edit: Nice pic here of what's under them big doors...

Thank you Kirk !!! really helpful stuff you posted !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gisbod said:

Hello Patrick,

 

Really great job! I’m making the HB 1/18 Fw190 but I’m not detailing it anywhere near this level.

 

interesting kits!

 

Guy

Thank you Guy, interesting, Yes, I think that is an understatement !!! I sometimes I come across things on this kit and wonder if the tool maker was taking long lunches while working on the molds ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do it Matt. What do you need your sanity for anyway? - it's precious little advantage in daily life.

...And if you do, I have some useful stuff for the seat bulkhead area - which is significantly different from the AV-8B. Seat rails, oxygen plenum etc.

 

Kirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 1:42 AM, Kirk said:

Do it Matt. What do you need your sanity for anyway? - it's precious little advantage in daily life.

...And if you do, I have some useful stuff for the seat bulkhead area - which is significantly different from the AV-8B. Seat rails, oxygen plenum etc.

 

Kirk



Don't worry, I've got just about every book on the Brit Harriers, and some fantastic drawings.  But it's still an ocean's worth of work.

 

 

 

Matt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...