1:18 Hobbyboss AV-8B Harrier

patricksparks

6 hours ago, The Makerman said:

I've been following this build for quite some time now and have decided to pull mine out of the pile and throw it together. Would be great if I could get hold of some of Harold's resin replacement parts, particularly for the cockpit. Does he make to order or are they off the shelf?

Sorry, I'm not sure how Harold is handling the production of the parts, you should probably try going to his AMS website and send him a message.

Hope this helps !

Pat

On 4/18/2020 at 2:13 AM, The Makerman said:

I've been following this build for quite some time now and have decided to pull mine out of the pile and throw it together. Would be great if I could get hold of some of Harold's resin replacement parts, particularly for the cockpit. Does he make to order or are they off the shelf?

Same here... Also have been following the build and are very much interested in resin parts as well. Rest of the model looks OK, but the cockpit really needs help IMHO. If you or anyone are able to find out about replacement parts, please let us know!

On 8/12/2019 at 6:20 PM, patricksparks said:

ARCHER rivets to the rescue !!! another oddity for Hobbyboss, they did a nice job of putting the raised rivets on the mid-section of the fuselage which can be seen when you look at photos of the real thing. What's confusing to me is why they only put about half of them on the model and the ones that are missing are the most visible ??? Also they didn't put any on the ventral tail fin so I'll be riveting that as well. I used the Archer "O" scale, 7/8" dia. heads , they're size and spacing is really close to the kits rivets.

vqdXCaS.jpg

Hi

Can you tell me the item number for the archer rivets please.

Cheers

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 2:13 AM, The Makerman said:

I do them on request. PM me if interested in the 'pit or the wheels.

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2019 at 7:52 PM, patricksparks said:

Put together the first blush on the bomb racks, the shackles , sway braces and knobs are all printed parts, I used 080 flat head screws and nuts for sway brace pads.

QVtJ4it.jpgLBaSoGB.jpgC852Lok.jpgCCYGNup.jpgGhLzhF1.jpgu3OcXJ8.jpg

Patrick I'm interested to know can you print the knobs and sway braces as you have the file for 3d printing? I'm in the process of building a hobbyboss harrier into a GR9. 

17 hours ago, daveoh said:

Patrick I'm interested to know can you print the knobs and sway braces as you have the file for 3d printing? I'm in the process of building a hobbyboss harrier into a GR9. 

I am sorry, I didn't create the files for printing the parts, a co-worker printed them for me and now I am not working due to the CO-19 mess so I am not in touch with him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/21/2020 at 6:16 AM, daveoh said:

Hi Patrick has this build stalled I've not seen any updated recently. I'm in the process of converting mine to a British GR9. your build report has helped me with mine enormously.

Thank you.

Dave. 

Yes, I set it to the side to work on some other builds, I tend to work on multiple builds to peak my interest.

• 9 months later...