1:18 Hobbyboss AV-8B Harrier

patricksparks

Took a big step today, I glued the rear of the fuselage together, I left the forward half un-glued as I have to fit the cockpit portion in between the intakes, it's how the kit was designed for assembly with no glue, it's kind of a pain as you have to stay aware of what can go together at what time. also put a little paint over the rivit decals to have a look.

dyin9Dw.jpgarCyj2u.jpgSgEijNs.jpgENZxKzI.jpg

12 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Good show.

bigpod.jpg

Atomic City, multiple scales in resin.  https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/atomiccity/the-eva-pod-kit-f4/?sid=674e3e4d35789f4fd04f52a0fd46a46d

Sincerely,

Mark

pretty sad when a 50 year old science fiction model is more accurate than a 4 year old kit of a plane that's been around for almost the same time ???

Working on the gun pods a bit, I decided that I will mount the pods with screws, so I have glued blocks into both pods front and rear. I intend to join the 2 pods together with a new amunition feed fairing, I'm actually using the incorrect kit part to join the pods together and put the new fairing over it. I have also made some cannon barrels out of some stainless steel tubing,  .060 inside diameter = 30mm in 1:18 scale. I want the cannon pods removable for painting, I have seen a lot of photos of Harriers and many times the cannon pods are a different color than the airframe, I guess from swapping them out during maintainance and removing them when not needed and replacing them with the stand alone ventral strakes.

V4nQbaJ.jpg01FkDk7.jpgabW7b5G.jpgyVVGCNs.jpgywevPTD.jpghjoa18c.jpg

Nice work Patrick, looks familiar too. I'll be interested to see if your adding the centerline pylon with the Targeting pod, I want to do that for mine (which I'll need to scratch-build) but, can't find any good reference pics of the pylon with the pod mounted.

Steve

IMG_6098_zps9lph9ro6.jpg

IMG_6110_zpsxovlmnmq.jpg