1:18 Hobbyboss AV-8B Harrier

patricksparks

That Scarier is looking great. The rework facility is doing a great job. when will she be returned to the squadron.

What squadron is she going to?

Hope the people in the office are not pissed you are working on a model while at work. 

Jason

Finally got around to working on the HUD display, the kit part is molded in one piece clear, I thought the lenses were far too thick so I cut the support frames from the lenses and sanded the inside smooth then took a razor saw and put slots about half way into the frames where the glass lenses would live and made new ones from .010 petg. 

xwar6iQ.jpgE6TnSSD.jpg5CCtsOJ.jpgOg6Ggig.jpgm7PA1sr.jpgW6TvpHg.jpg

Edited by patricksparks

ARCHER rivets to the rescue !!! another oddity for Hobbyboss, they did a nice job of putting the raised rivets on the mid-section of the fuselage which can be seen when you look at photos of the real thing. What's confusing to me is why they only put about half of them on the model and the ones that are missing are the most visible ??? Also they didn't put any on the ventral tail fin so I'll be riveting that as well. I used the Archer "O" scale, 7/8" dia. heads , they're size and spacing is really close to the kits rivets.

vqdXCaS.jpg