1:18 Hobbyboss AV-8B Harrier

patricksparks

Finishing up the cockpit, I found an error on my part on the left cockpit wall, I glued the front cockpit light on the wrong side of the forward vertical frame, the light should be on the rearward side of the frame, not in front of it, needs to move so that it doesn't interfere with the cockpit tub. I will try to post an image.

Also I discover that the kit has no rudder pedals so I made some up out of styrene, you don't need to do a lot with them as they are pretty well buried under the Instrument panel.

KtjWlmZ.jpg?1s7UMJQ2.jpg8FuLrbm.jpg

Edited by patricksparks

Another item that I couldn't ignore are the molded in recepticles for the rear view mirrors on the canopy. Who knows why the tool maker decided to cut them right into the clear portion of the canopy ??? But they look aweful and moving foward I knew I was going to add additional framing to the canopy so I decided to scribe a line right at the edge of the rear view mirror recepticles and sand the frame off to the scribe line, polish eveything up and add a new frame out of styrene, looks much better. You lose about a 1/16 of an inch in the canopy's length but mine will be open anyway and you won't notice the difference. I also payed attention to the molded in "DET cord" on the canopy and made sure it wasn't going to appear too close to the foward frame.

OujmkVl.jpg4y172uk.jpgI6Fdrxl.jpgyWd9XPJ.jpg

Edited by patricksparks

Found another issue on the wings, there is supposed to be a fillet on the inboard side of the ailerons(see photo) I added 1/8" thick styrene wedges that are over sized on the top so that I can just sand it back flush to the top of the wing. The ailerons have to be shortened accordingly.

K5FSorm.jpgiBhSr0k.jpgsNvX5T0.jpg