1:18 Hobbyboss AV-8B Harrier

patricksparks

A little update. For those who have recieved or are going to get the parts that Harold/AMS has reproduced from the masters that I assembled, I have found an error on my part on the Instrument panel shroud. When I added the defogger vents on the left and right sides I didn't make them thin enough, I had fit the master into the foward windscreen and it was tight but I(stupidly) thought that there would be enough shrink in the resin and silicone that it wouldn't be an issue, WRONG... The master was made up of thin guage vacuum forms and was compressing enough that I thought it was ok. So I have been working with the casting(thank you Harold, the parts look great !!!) I have sanded the defogger vents sides down to remove the outer wall(see photos, original master on left, resin on right) and then sanded the sharp outside corners to look rounded over again, I then sanded the bottom of the shroud until the defogger tubes are down at least even horizontally with the windscreen frame if not slightly lower(see photos). Also I found that the kit windscreen has a significant ridge on the inside horizontal rails that henders the fit also, so I scraped them down(see photo) Hope this helps, sorry for the screw up !!!

jTrFeCt.jpg

1KemiF9.jpg

l801fhh.jpg

EPllWQE.jpg0owyFg0.jpg

3 hours ago, patricksparks said:

A little update. For those who have recieved or are going to get the parts that Harold/AMS has reproduced from the masters that I assembled, I have found an error on my part on the Instrument panel shroud. When I added the defogger vents on the left and right sides I didn't make them thin enough, I had fit the master into the foward windscreen and it was tight but I(stupidly) thought that there would be enough shrink in the resin and silicone that it wouldn't be an issue, WRONG... The master was made up of thin guage vacuum forms and was compressing enough that I thought it was ok. So I have been working with the casting(thank you Harold, the parts look great !!!) I have sanded the defogger vents sides down to remove the outer wall(see photos, original master on left, resin on right) and then sanded the sharp outside corners to look rounded over again, I then sanded the bottom of the shroud until the defogger tubes are down at least even horizontally with the windscreen frame if not slightly lower(see photos). Also I found that the kit windscreen has a significant ridge on the inside horizontal rails that henders the fit also, so I scraped them down(see photo) Hope this helps, sorry for the screw up !!!

Good catch...

I cleaned the rest of the Harold's/AMS RESIN parts up to test fit them into the kit parts, everything is looking pretty good so far. The windscreen frame is a little tricky, I would suggest leaving the reinforcement strip on the bottom of the resin frame in to install it onto the kit windscreen and trim it after. Also it should be installed with the windcreen taped onto the fuselage this way it will fixture itself into the right position and I would advise masking both sides of the windscreen at the edge of the molded in frame to avoid any glue onto the clear portion.

PCwslnM.jpgkbhUPaq.jpgNJD7n1y.jpg34MmFB1.jpgbRu7c5n.jpgMQOLzJl.jpgSlKWnQJ.jpg

2 hours ago, patricksparks said:

I cleaned the rest of the Harold's/AMS RESIN parts up to test fit them into the kit parts, everything is looking pretty good so far. The windscreen frame is a little tricky, I would suggest leaving the reinforcement strip on the bottom of the resin frame in to install it onto the kit windscreen and trim it after. Also it should be installed with the windcreen taped onto the fuselage this way it will fixture itself into the right position and I would advise masking both sides of the windscreen at the edge of the molded in frame to avoid any glue onto the clear portion.

PCwslnM.jpgkbhUPaq.jpgNJD7n1y.jpg34MmFB1.jpgbRu7c5n.jpgMQOLzJl.jpgSlKWnQJ.jpg

Outstanding!

Decided to do some detail/finishing for a change of pace. This is Harold's/AMS resin seat that I have added seat belts and buckles, leg restraint straps some photo-etched bolt heads the ground safety lever on the side of the seat and some  Airscale decals.

LkAaE92.jpgTROiyCW.jpgewEJLID.jpguL0jRmm.jpg

1 hour ago, patricksparks said:

Decided to do some detail/finishing for a change of pace. This is Harold's/AMS resin seat that I have added seat belts and buckles, leg restraint straps some photo-etched bolt heads the ground safety lever on the side of the seat and some  Airscale decals.

AMAZING!