1:18 Hobbyboss AV-8B Harrier

patricksparks

35 minutes ago, patricksparks said:

I plan to re-work this a lot more and try to get it to look as close as possible to what I have been seeing in probably 100 photos, it should go quickly once I devote some time to it, right now I'm still getting the rest of the cockpit finished, I'm close to sending those parts to Harold to reproduce. I should be able to send the shroud for duplication as well, be patient, it will happen !!!

I would suggest filling in the seat locator holes on the 'pit deck. They won't be needed with the resin replacement.

Finally figured out the mystery instrument panel shroud, countless hours of photo interpertation....no kits have anything close to this thing... the new one is in the foreground the kit part that I tried to modify is at the rear. I still have to put the defogger tubes on the sides of it.

\

mTWxFYl.jpgcxNmiyg.jpga3DhKxM.jpg

Moving along, I started to work on some of the aerodynamics, a little hardware on the vertical stab(alot more of that everywhere) and back on the wings for awhile, alot of scrapping needed on the leading edges, Hobbyboss made them too flat but the good thing is that they molded everything with such heavy walls you don't have to back fill it !!! Also I modified the wing root/leading edge fillet, it is far too flat on the bottom and needs to have a continuos arc from the very front back to the leading edge of the wing, easy fix, I took the kit parts that go inside the fillets and thinned the front so it would fit farther up inside the fillet and removed the internal bosses except for the very back one and removed the internal step that the peice sets on except at the back where it meets the wing's leading edge, the fillet should be full thickness and then taper towards the front in an arc. Also added the black styrene that are covers over the fillet and engine covers joints.

Vrk8qvZ.jpgcc86NPN.jpgJWq8ufD.jpgleIMdTW.jpglHPpZH5.jpg