1:18 Hobbyboss AV-8B Harrier

patricksparks

2 hours ago, Harold said:

Amazing work...

I tried to set up everything for a straight pull out of a mold, I am working on the side walls , they are pretty much done, back on the IP shroud, found some good photos of the flats that are on it , lot of scraping and sanding, should have just made a new pattern and vacuum formed it !!! Got to get on the side consoles....Question , Harold, should I leave the throttle lever and duct lever off the left hand panel ? Throttle off, ducts, down, up, half way ? Don't get mad ,Parts will be in the mail to you shortly !!! By the way mutual friend "BIG BILL" Schwarz ask me to say hello, known him for about 30 years now !!!

17 hours ago, patricksparks said:

I tried to set up everything for a straight pull out of a mold, I am working on the side walls , they are pretty much done, back on the IP shroud, found some good photos of the flats that are on it , lot of scraping and sanding, should have just made a new pattern and vacuum formed it !!! Got to get on the side consoles....Question , Harold, should I leave the throttle lever and duct lever off the left hand panel ? Throttle off, ducts, down, up, half way ? Don't get mad ,Parts will be in the mail to you shortly !!! By the way mutual friend "BIG BILL" Schwarz ask me to say hello, known him for about 30 years now !!!

I would leave them and cast them separately. Looks like a difficult pull from the mold otherwise. 

Oh yeah, say HI to Big Bill for me as well. I hope he is doing well.

Edited by Harold

Side walls completed today. Photo of the eventual parts breakdown, tub, rear bulkhead, (the small black piece is the filler that fits behind the top of the rear bulkhead), left and right side walls, instrument panel and IP shroud(still working on it) I still have to embelish the left and right console which also  be included in the parts breakdown. Moving along nicely after figuring out how to fit everything properly(or close to it).

DUNaXhd.jpgGhqaJuy.jpgJvOuCan.jpg

2 hours ago, patricksparks said:

Side walls completed today. Photo of the eventual parts breakdown, tub, rear bulkhead, (the small black piece is the filler that fits behind the top of the rear bulkhead), left and right side walls, instrument panel and IP shroud(still working on it) I still have to embelish the left and right console which also  be included in the parts breakdown. Moving along nicely after figuring out how to fit everything properly(or close to it).

DUNaXhd.jpgGhqaJuy.jpg

Outstanding work..

Started to re-work the IP shroud, again,  I started putting flats on both sides of it to try and match photos, it still didn't look right so I've gone back to look at more photos of the real thing and it is quite different than anything molded that I've seen on any kits, it has many more flats on it and several knotches  up on the front of it that aren't on any kits. I'm going to make a new pattern of it and start again, fingers crossed...j28rdLQ.jpgLEKpJ4d.jpgcDxrxzs.jpg

23 hours ago, Chris_B-1B said:

Is Harold going to cast this?  I'm not close to capable of doing work lik ethis.

I plan to re-work this a lot more and try to get it to look as close as possible to what I have been seeing in probably 100 photos, it should go quickly once I devote some time to it, right now I'm still getting the rest of the cockpit finished, I'm close to sending those parts to Harold to reproduce. I should be able to send the shroud for duplication as well, be patient, it will happen !!!