Spitfire Floatplane

bcauchi

This is my spitfire floatplane project. The spit is the old hasegawa, reworked with stressed metal effect and riveted. It is mated to the warbirds conversion set which includes the floats, nose, tail and prop. Some other extras used. Figures are from mastercasters and masterbox. The rest is of course home made with the groundwork made from polifiller, microballoons to create the sand, tree bark to create the rocks and balsa stones. Seaweed was made from rope hemp and aluminium foil. some other materials might have been used but its been a year since this one was completed.  No decals were used, all markings are sprayed on. The diorama is based on the photo of one of the planes which was based in Egypt. I have also included some in-progress pics if that is allowed in this part of the forum. The photo below in black and white was the inspiration for this diorama.

plxTnwbwjpncsGOgQjplBZYiMljplRmeSujjpo9n759PpplNurTMfjplEeZ9azjplaY5e7ojpmSz6X3tjpnQ68lb4jpnmRHMGNjpnJDoxdgjpnY6nOMsjpnazY5PVjpnB26bC8jpmI0js5Vjpm31pxRaj

Superb work all round Bcauchi!

That is extremely well done....what did you use for the water?....I am doing a Wingnut Wings floatplane that I want to put in a water setting and have been researching products to do this.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thanks for looking and commenting. I used a 2 part resin for the water. It was locally available and worked excellently. No shrinkage and no heat generation whilst drying. Since it dried dead flat I applied some pva glue on the surface to make the ripples and finally sprayed on a coat of future to obtain the gloss finish. hope that answers your question. Exhausts were finished using testors metallizers and some ak rust pigment.

8 hours ago, bcauchi said:

Thanks for looking and commenting. I used a 2 part resin for the water. It was locally available and worked excellently. No shrinkage and no heat generation whilst drying. Since it dried dead flat I applied some pva glue on the surface to make the ripples and finally sprayed on a coat of future to obtain the gloss finish. hope that answers your question. Exhausts were finished using testors metallizers and some ak rust pigment.

Thanks for the explanation on the water Brian.

Cheer's,

Jeff.