Out2gtcha

Surgery

Just ran across this thread and I was on the edge of my seat until I saw your post surgery post. I've dealt with back issues myself so your story hit home.  I'm happy for you as it sounds like it was a success.  Just take it easy for a bit and you will be back to normal life soon.

Bryan

Hey Brian sorry for you luck and i hope you feel better ,Dont worry not the only one how has to have surgery this year .I tore my rotator cuff this year  and had surgery back in June .

Best of luck and i hope you feel better soon 

Steve

On 12/21/2018 at 9:08 PM, Shawn M said:

excellent news Brian!

Codeine and modeling work great together...lol

rest up, relax, enjoy!

Wait a second, maybe an option to do a "what-if" build with, would be a super outcome for sure.

Brian, great to hear how things are going now, take care!!

Jack

Hey Brian,

Been off here for a month, so I just read thru this thread, Happy for your successful surgery and the pain relief.

My wife has bouts with extreme back pain with no surgery option according to the Dr's so I can appreciate the 

pain you were going through. Hope you can get back to the bench soon and crank-out those beautiful builds you do.

Merry Christmas & Happy "pain free"New Year to you and Family.

The :Other Jack"

I can relate everything you are going through at the moment and how it affects every aspect of life.

Some people already know over the last two years have been living with chronic back pain and I've had two spine operations this year. I only got the staples removed today from my second op 15 days ago. 

So I wish you the best of luck, listen to what the Surgeon says and don't push yourself even if you feel great. Take all the time you are given to heal, and enjoy the time off. The first 10 days I didn't do much except watch TV & Movies and playing Xbox.  It wasn't around 2-2 1/2 weeks where I could sit at the bench again for short periods of time, I managed to build a 1/35 Tamiya M10 Tank during this time.

Hopefully, this op will address everything and you don't need to go in a second time like me.

Thanks one and all, it was a good Christmas, not fully pain free, but I seem to be getting there day by day. The stabbing pain that prevented me from standing/walking is gone, and slowly the buzzing/stinging/pins and needles down my leg into my foot is going away. 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Thanks one and all, it was a good Christmas, not fully pain free, but I seem to be getting there day by day. The stabbing pain that prevented me from standing/walking is gone, and slowly the buzzing/stinging/pins and needles down my leg into my foot is going away. 

You will find that numbness and the sting will take a while to fully disappear. It's a nerve injury so it can take up to 8-12 months for your nerve to fully recover. From memory, it took about six months for my nerve to heal.

On 12/27/2018 at 7:41 PM, Mainstay said:

Very Nice and i hope you will have a painless 2019 with lots of sex and modelbuilding :p

Sex beats model building by a wide margin. Not too sure how the sex part came up in this (didn't read the whole thread), but maybe there's an X-rated pretty nurse your insurance covers. In any case, glad to hear you're doing better!

Thanks all!   Ive been busy as a beaver working on my Do-335 A-2 Trop in the multi-engined GB, as I feel SO, SO much better. As Dave eluded to, I still have some stinging/tingling/pins and needles occasionally, but the Dr. mentioned over the course of the next year that should (hopefully) go away completely.