Lancaster today, Liberator Monday!

ScottsGT

This will sit in the stash for the next year. There is a load of AM I need to get before I start. SOme of it is om the way, but I really need to get the Pontos kit. That is more than I paid for the model. Around $300 is the best price I could get. In ZAR , that is a boat load. 

Hid down in my workshop while wife played with grand baby.  Got to drool all in that box like grand baby was drooling all over grandma! 

Lancaster Liberator is so big, I'm hoping that the PO just gives me a pick up ticket and I have to make a trip to go get it.

EDIT:  I was multi-taking and got kits confused.

Edited by ScottsGT

Ok... I am still torn about whether to buy the new B-24.  It's a Big Model!  I could buy more other kits for the price.  When the kit arrives the wife will be a bit "concerned" about my newly retired Engineer guy brain cell composition; the implied degradation their of.   She will invoke her "Jeeves", with that look to me as "Wooster".  Not a proper model for the house she will say among other things.

On the other hand, a number of us just formed a new IPMS/USA, " Willow Run Bomber Plant" Chapter.   What came out of the factory?  

B-24  bombers you say?  Right-O.   It's Iconic for the area.  Do I really like the colorful schemes used on formation planes?  Certainly!  I also like NMF.

Where are you going to display the model asks Jeeves?  It will be very colorful so I thought it would good hanging it from the ceiling in your art studio or... I am going to display it as subassemblies as shown in period photos of the bomber plant.  These will fit in my display case.  Or I will portray the colorful aircraft being scraped.  "Very good" replies Jeeves.

Rick

I think my Lib may also end up hanging vertically from the wall, or normally  from the ceiling.  I cant wait personally, as Im jazzed for the particular airframe Ill be doing.............as you said, very colorful! (albeit not NM or even OD).

Once my son gets all of his car parts out of my basement I'm going to build a huge, deep case to store these big bombers in.   Already have my corner picked out!

FWIW, wife just texted me.  "10.......10.....yes I said 10 boxes have arrived!"        :rofl:   One is the B-24, one is a Sprue Brothers order and 8 are Christmas gifts.  I told her to just stay away from them all, some are her gifts.  She's not the curious type, so I might be safe.   :whistle:

On 12/17/2018 at 9:34 AM, Out2gtcha said:

I think my Lib may also end up hanging vertically from the wall, or normally  from the ceiling.  I cant wait personally, as Im jazzed for the particular airframe Ill be doing.............as you said, very colorful! (albeit not NM or even OD).

like this, makes the terrible nose turret seam a non issue ;)

B-24_Kopfstand.jpg