Lancaster today, Liberator Monday!

ScottsGT

Cutting it close there!

A few years ago, my wife decided to randomly take the day off. Of course, that's the day the Xbox One arrives. She's not impressed but lets it go. Maybe a week or two later same thing but this time it's a PlayStation 4. Instead of the expected reaming out when I get home and saw what was waiting for me. she merely pointed at them and said two words : "Pick one!"

I kept the Xbox. My brother in law bought the PS4 from me.

Carl

Got my Lancaster last night.  My wife is accepting of it even thinks it's cool.  Then, I get a PM on FB reminding me that I had pre-ordered a B-24 from Crimson Hobbies.  I'm sunk!  I can't find a place for the Lancaster let alone a giant B-24.  I guess I'll just have to build them.

Once it's built the standard response is "oh I've had that for ages" think yourself lucky you're not into LIve Steam Locomotives not only are they very shiny and expensive looking they are expensive! good thing is they go into a very unassuming plywood box for the next garden railway meeting [ somebody elses place ]

Graham

On 12/14/2018 at 6:00 AM, ScottsGT said:

Just got my updates.  Lancaster is finally moving again from the weather delay and will be here today.  The Liberator is scheduled for Monday.  Great.  My wife off Monday.  I'm gonna get busted!

Yes you are, and so am I when my B-24 arrives.  She is accepting of the HK Lancaster but this will be a surprise that i just don't know how to break it to her.  Oh well.  Life with models.

Well, I am in deep of the deepest pooh. I managed to get a 1/200 HMS Hood for a very very good price. Wife phoned and said there is a parcel waiting for me at the local post office, and she offered to collect because I was at work. Oops....  The damn  box wouldnt fit in her car, she had to fold the seats down. Did I get lip service. 

hood.jpg

Edited by Gerhard