Trumpeter Swordfish 1:32

Fvdm

On another forum someone thought the tapered end was rough. I can tell you that it isn't. I took a sandingstick, a 100mm macro on the camera en made the following photo.

c34grw.jpg

Here you can see the sanding marks over the whole surface. I think some primer will do wonders.

Thanks for watching.

Ferry

Nice torpedo! On my wooden one, I built up grey cellulose primer as used in car painting until it could be sanded and polished to a high shine, before applying Humbrol metaliser.

Not sure about painting PVC, but a similar process should work just the same.

I went fruther working on the torpedo and there are some grooves wich I had to make. I did this on my millingmachine en it worked great. I had it working yesterday so this was a great exercise. The grooves are a bit large but I don't care. I'm very happey my millingmachine is working great.

UkyIOp.jpg

And here an impression for those who are interested.

Here

Thanks for watching.

Ferry

I promissed some pics of the decals. In one way or the other I have always kits with a few decals so it was quickly done.

Each wing gets one decal.

7B9feb.jpg

De right side of the fuselage gets 5 decals.

fEE8SI.jpg

The decal on the vertical stabiliser cracked a little so this one is a littlebit shorter then the left side.

And theleft side also gets 5 decals

w3X0Kc.jpg

Here I was a little impatient and didn't long enough to let the sol do its work and so de roundel got a little damaged on the upper right side.

MJtkXj.jpg

Great, only 12 decals and I managed to damage two of them  :BANGHEAD2:

Thanks for watching

Ferry

• 2 weeks later...

When the paint dryed I could tape the wings and fuselage. It looks like this after quite a while

7CMVjr.jpg

OaOl9W.jpg

When this was done I could spray the smoke

d6WCct.jpg

GiTt8h.jpg

Kau7W8.jpg

I also installed the control cables,

CQrVXn.jpg

and fiwed attached the wings to the fuselage

3lzMWP.jpg

Finally it's looking like an airplane :D

Next is the torpedo. The longer I looked at it, the uglyer it became. The grooves are way way to big. So I decided to make a new one. Now that i finally have a cnc-millingmachine i must use it. 

Thanks for watching 

Ferry

As said, the torpedo had to be replaced. First I had to make new proppellorblades. I found a nice picture on the web, and made a dxf file of it. I loaded this in the software of the millingmachine and then i had this little propellorblad.

B4Ijl2.jpg

They where very small so i made quite a few off them. I made some smaller and shorter grooves in the torpedo and assembled everything. Eventually I got this.

HV6HIJ.jpg

qoiUkX.jpg

Much better then the first one if I may say so.

Then I assembled the landinggear to the plane and the motor. Here are some pics.

NS9XFz.jpg

HeJ9NP.jpg

06wjLY.jpg

0WZxPr.jpg

Now i can give it a wash and a final coat of matt. 

This week I got a reply from Trumpeter on my mail for a replacementsprue. They have the replacementsprue I need and with shipping it will cost me 10 USD. I think this is quite a lot of money but better expensive then not available. I decided to order the sprue and now I will see how long I have to wait. I will use the brackets for the torpedo so i hope the delivery is fast :piliot:

Thanks for watching

Ferry

Edited by Fvdm

• 5 months later...

After 5 months and the help of Paypal I finally got the extra sprue from Trumpeter so I could finish this one. I only made this dirty with the Flory models weathering wash wich I applied with the airbrush. After drying I filled the airbrush with water and cleaned up the model. I only let it drip from the model en didn't wipe it aof except for the bottom.

The pictures can be found in the RFI section. Thanks all for watching and commenting.

i3NxWY.jpg