Trumpeter Swordfish 1:32

Fvdm

Since the last update i was going to work on the fasteners. The fasteners Trumpeter made on this model are ugly and real thick. In the BIGED set are some nice fasteners. To place these fasteners I had to cut the molded fasteners, sand it and place a replacement. Difficulty here is that there are three sort of fasteners, round ones, triangels en square fasteners. The instructions on the Eduard sheets are a little vague so I opened my reference pics and placed the fasteners. 

Here an overview. There are a lot of fasteners. The otherside looks the same.

FlkoUM.jpg

A little bit in cose-up 

9Ldngv.jpg

YlceRK.jpg

Now I have some clean-up to do and then it's time for a light coat of primer.

As you can see I have also placed the horizontal stabiliser. The elevators a placed a little down but I am not satisfied yet so I am gonna place them a little more down.

In the meantime I also worked on the engine. I had some PE to add but not to much. 

Here are the baffles placed. These are placed to force the wind through the cilinders for cooling.

tq4hY3.jpg

According to Trumpeter I had to place this part (I don't know the name, sorry)

Vpkz28.jpg

According to Eduard the ring and wide spokes had to be removed

jgmBvP.jpg

All is then inserted in the Townend ring and a little oilwash is applied.

OaIJ9A.jpg

98TV7n.jpg

All tips and critics are welcome.

Thanks for watching.

Ferry

Edited by Fvdm

Before I could prime the fuselage i had to place some more parts. One of this parts was the lower center wing. And man o man, did I mess this up :oops:

When I glued this part I saw something strange. I looked at the model, I looked at the manual , I went to the wall en hit my head against it. :BANGHEAD2:

In the manual you will see at the end of the toothpick some sort of adjusting.

pojCLJLhj

Now look at my piece

po5PX9yKjeal

Something did not go wel here. While cleaning this piece i must have tought this were some kind of sprue or something so i cut it off..........

A well, after realising what I had done I had a good laugh en fixed it with some styreen rod and a piece of a earbud.

n9kHOO.jpg

This will do for me. After this I sprayed the fuselage in the primer and went on with the wings. I had the idea of cutting out the ailerons but there seems to be a different between the top side and the bottom side.

BZX0ep.jpg

The piece of tape is of the same lenght. When the aileron moves upwards, the pivotting points are at the black stripes. (Is it called pivotting points or is it called hingeline?)

But where are the pivotting points when the aileron moves downwards??????????

I really have no idea and I can't find it in the references so I think I will leave it as it is

Thanks for watching.

4 hours ago, Fvdm said:

BZX0ep.jpg

The piece of tape is of the same lenght. When the aileron moves upwards, the pivotting points are at the black stripes. (Is it called pivotting points or is it called hingeline?)

But where are the pivotting points when the aileron moves downwards??????????

I really have no idea and I can't find it in the references so I think I will leave it as it is

I really don't think the pivot points are online with the black marks you have indicated.  The pivot point (hinge-line) is about at the aileron leading edge... see the following images:

Fairey_Swordfish_on_Airfield.jpg

Fairey_Swordfish.gif

Thanks for the pic Bill. I see at the picture that the hinge-line is at the leading edge of the lower side of the aileron. The leading edge on the lower side is a different one than the leading edge on the upperside. I wonder how this will work?  I will see if I can find pics with the ailerons up.