Valiant Wings Publishing The Bristol Beaufighter

LSP_Kevin

12 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

From what Ive heard about the RP rails it sounds like a bit of a fiasco.  I would hope he can get things cleaned up a bit, as any Beauf sets would be most welcome.  Ive still got a Lodela Torp-Beau in my stash to complete! 

Yes, and Derek still has my bloody set of rockets that I lent him about 7 years ago!!!

:rofl:

When I did mine I spent hours detailing the interior but ultimately it's only the cockpit and rear gunner's bit that can be seen.

1 minute ago, PhilB said:

Yes, and Derek still has my bloody set of rockets that I lent him about 7 years ago!!!

:rofl:

When I did mine I spent hours detailing the interior but ultimately it's only the cockpit and rear gunner's bit that can be seen.

Yeah buddy...............Id definitely be Ok with just a CP set and rear gunners station set.................maybe some detailing in the wells, but thats about it.

Just now, Out2gtcha said:

Yeah buddy...............Id definitely be Ok with just a CP set and rear gunners station set.................maybe some detailing in the wells, but thats about it.

Yep.

The old Revell is as basic as the basicist thing at a basic contest and needs rescribing too.

:wacko:

If only we can get a new tool 1/32 Beau. I will be all over it. Not that I have time right now. For the last 4 months my bench time was almost zero with work commitments. I have come to realize that my current job really only gives me about 6 months of hobby time, the rest I am either working or just too tired to sit and build. Sad really. 

Edited by Gerhard

Yes excellent book. While it's nice to hear of some impending updates for the old Revell kit (which is in my stash) wouldn't it be great if we got a brand new Beau from the likes of HKM or Tamiya? (Tamiya do a 1:48 Beau and have followed previous 1:48 kits with 1:32 renditions, so why not?) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 8:35 AM, GrahamF said:

This may be out of date because the last time I saw the Beaufighter at Duxford a couple of years ago it looked a bit more complete than these images show.

http://fighter-collection.com/cft/beaufighter/

http://aviationanoraks.co.uk/Archive/2014/2014_11_21 Duxford hangars/index.html#Bristol Beaufighter.jpg

Graham

Engines and/or props are the big stumbling block, but I think the team's still chipping away at her.

7 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

I know there are some printed Shapeways parts in work now, and expected in early 2019. I have asked the person to keep me informed when he releases the parts. I will definately share when they come out.

Any idea what those parts may be??

Rog :)