Valiant Wings Publishing The Bristol Beaufighter

LSP_Kevin

42 minutes ago, Shawn M said:

how is this different from the first issue?

As far as I know Shawn, this is the first issue! I'm not aware of a previous edition, and this one certainly isn't labelled as revised (unlike the Do 335 book I still have to review).

Kev

1 minute ago, BloorwestSiR said:

My copy arrived in the mail yesterday. Which was quite a shock due to the recent postal strike here and the subsequent backlog that created. 

I have to agree with keV that's it's going to be a handy reference for when I start my old Revell 1/32 kit.

Carl 

How nice would it be to have some interior parts for the Revell kit

SAM Datafile 6, also written by Richard Franks.

The aircraft on the cover is a 604 Sqdn machine and may have been flown by Cunningham but 10 of his 16 Beaufighter victories were scored with another Mk1 F,  R2101/NG-R.

The story about "Cats Eyes" was put out to the press to explain his success when in fact it was the AI radar being carried which was secret at the time.

1 hour ago, Gerhard said:

The rumour mill is that a full AM resin cockpit for the Revell Beau is on it's way. Can't remember from where, but I read on LSP somewhere.

I believe our own Derek B was at one point working on that. I have no clue where the project is atm though. 

Derek was thinking of releasing a basic set for buyers to build off of as a way to get something out but that was the last I'd heard of it. 

Terry at Aviaeology has indicated that he's interested in doing some PE stuff for the Beaufighters in conversations I've had with him. He has even hinted at such on his new website. That being said, he's still trying to get out the RP rails and Gee radio sets from a couple years ago so they may a ways down the road.

Carl

10 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

That being said, he's still trying to get out the RP rails and Gee radio sets from a couple years ago so they may a ways down the road.

Thanks Carl,

From what Ive heard about the RP rails it sounds like a bit of a fiasco.  I would hope he can get things cleaned up a bit, as any Beauf sets would be most welcome.  Ive still got a Lodela Torp-Beau in my stash to complete!