Thanks Gaz it’s not perfect, nothing I build ever is but, I’m happy with it.

A reward to myself for finishing it is a pure plastic modern kit, Revell’s 1/72 Airbus A-400M Atlas...in 1/72 it dwarfs the Casa! and comes close in size to a 1/48 C-130!

Edited by chrish

• 1 month later...

Chris 

Great build and fantastic to see one of these built up. I have book marked this build as I have the same kit in the stash. I had actually pulled it out of the stash during the Xmas to have a good look at it. Looking at your work it confirms my suspicion that this will be a challenging build with a lot of toxic resin dust  and putty being used. Thanks to your input I know how to tackle a few of the issues; your fuselage halves join up better than mine BTW. 

I have a few questions and one remark

1. Did you build up the interior at all ? I didn't see any images  of the interior but know you had the parts in the kit.  

2. Does the one -piece glass for the cockpit go on the inside or the outside ? I suspect the latter.

3. Did you used Micro Clear for the cabin windows by any chance ? 

4. Do you have any tips for cleaning up panelline in resin ( for polystyrene I used Tamiya glue )

5. The nose wheel strut of the 235 is angled backwards and not 90 degree angle to the fuselage undersides; are the Broplan and Scratchaeronautics kit parts wrong on this account?  The sit of your model bothered me some and it wasn't just the temporary height issue but it the placement and sit of the front wheel. If you are gonna build the bigger 295 have a look at this.  

6. Remark: the decals you used are Italian not Irish . No worries as they both operate the 235.      

Regards 

Brian Kirwan 

Hi Brian

i only built up the flight deck, the 295 kit has a interior this 235 kit has no interior other than the flight deck. 

I cut out the window openings, put tape over them and sprayed paint through the openings creating a fairly nice pattern for the clear sheet to make windows with. The cabin windows are made with a strip of acetate tape (clear tape)

I (where necessary) applied CA to the panel lines that needed it and rescribed them with a Tamiya panel line scriber. Others were cleaned up with a needle in a pin vise

the nose wheel oleo in the kit is unusable, the one I used was scratched/ stollen/ borrowed from a Broplan ATR kit, that one is designed for paired wheels so I had to fudge it quite a bit to get a single wheel on it. It’s the wrong angle of attachment I know but all I had to work with, sharp eye by the way!

I wasn’t too sure what the decals were, they were off a sheet in my spares box with multiple options so, nice to know I got close with the operator at least. They’re also the wrong scale if I remember correctly.

I’ve begun working on the 295 recently

Edited by chrish
Spelling

• 2 years later...

Hi, sadly Scratchaeronautics has stopped producing kits, I think there’s a Broplan vac. Kit available of this aircraft (I’m sitting in on a build over on stalemates right now) but it appears to be a very difficult kit and a real struggle!

it may be possible to find one (checking like you did here) someone bought one and didn’t build it but I doubt it will be easy to find. The kits were produced on an “as ordered” basis sometimes taking up to 3 or more months to get the kit and that, I believe, was the cause of the company going under, most folks don’t like to wait months for a kit.

Best of luck!