Well I bit the bullet and fitted the landing gear, not the dramatic a job as I was expecting. I drilled and slipped the wheels on over the axles and everything looked good. (Well, not bad) I stole...borrowed... the spare nose gear strut from the Broplan 1/72 ATR I'm working on, (not right now its back in the closet.) Anyway the model is up on it's gear and while stealing the nose gear from the ATR I also decided to steal the scimitar prop blades from that kit. they aren't great but much better than the ones in the Casa kit. If I ever get back to the ATR again it'll have prop blades stolen...borrowed... from the Revell CL-415 water bomber.  
the Broplan gear strut on the left, Scratchaeronautics on the right.

fJvc1bb.jpg

finally up on its wheels

DoLroLo.jpg

the Broplan prop on the left Scratchaero on the right

TFbDpSZ.jpg

7 minutes ago, chrish said:

good eye there Brian! yes it is a couple mm high, the nose oleo is jammed in testing fit, I'll pull it out after holidays and refine the fit.

Well your doing some wonderful work, on a kit that apparently is not that nice to build!    Keep going, as knowing semi crappy fitting resin kits, your are definitely beyond the most major PITA stages.    Looking forward to the after holiday update! 

Glad to see it on it's wheels, Chris.  One of my big issues with resin is knowing exactly where the part ends and the pouring block begins.  I never feel like I have gotten it right.  I think propeller blades would send my OCD skyrocketting.

Gaz

Thanks Kevin 

im afraid there’s just too many tiny bubbles in the surface that keep reappearing for the gloss white finish I’d originally  hoped for. I still plan to use the originally intended (Spanish airforce) markings but with a gray or camouflage finish, pictures in the morning...updates as they happen

As usual (for me) the decals were a failure, at least this time I was expecting trouble. The only decals I managed to save on the model were the slime lights on the vertical tail, the others curled up or fell off. Not having an abundance of 1/72 Spanish roundels I put together markings left over from other projects. So what you see here are Italian(?) roundels doing an impersonation of French roundels with serials and such put together from other kits left over decals as well. I'll source better decals if/when I attempt the Casa 295 still in the stash.

Remaining assembly as far as I can tell is the main wheel covers and a bit of paint touch up, hopefully just a bit of touch up.

KQhQ8rG.jpg

TlvPjEd.jpg

aUV8TpP.jpg

Edited by chrish
Spelling