Brian, I agree...I'm ready for a Tamiya kit now...maybe two!

I've fitted the horizontal stabilizers, knowing the left one was not right (I checked the Casa 295 and it has the same issue) I super glued and epoxied the stabs to the fuselage and added a chunk of .080" plastic to help beef out the leading edge root extension. A couple of pictures show my problem.

zi4hjEF.jpg

8UUDx9S.jpg

Just now, chrish said:

Hmmmm obviously much smarter than me!

SWMBO almost forced me to do it :) She said sth like "Get rid of it ASAP! You'll be trying to make a model out of it longer that out of this da..n toy-F-22!". Now I think that... she was right :)

Another 20 minutes of gluing with 3 -4 hours of sanding, but at least now all the aircraft shaped parts are on and the heavy grinding/ sanding is (hopefully) done...some priming now and I'll add some details if nothing too much needs to be fixed (pitots and blade antennas etc.) Oddly, with the main gear legs attached the model sits square on the legs, nose in the air but not on the tail...neutral buoyancy.

VEC3LNn.jpg

4viDO09.jpg

v2bij4l.jpg

9 hours ago, artoor_k said:

Here is an in-box of Liberty C-295...Looks slightly better than Scratchaeronautics:

http://archiwum.plastikowe.pl/recenzje/72-eads-casa-c-295m-liberty-qality-kit

Yours C-295 looks better with each update. Keeping my fingers crossed for good ending result! :)

The Liberty kit looks like it would have been a great kit! Are they still available? This ones a C-235M, I have a C- 295 in the stash...It may be there for a while now though.

2 hours ago, chrish said:

The Liberty kit looks like it would have been a great kit! Are they still available? This ones a C-235M, I have a C- 295 in the stash...It may be there for a while now though.

Nope, LIBERTY QUALITY ceased production of all models. Only ebay...

Well the major assemblies are stuck together and the first coat of Mr surfacer has been airbrushed on, then brush painted on, tiny bubbles appeared after the first airbrushed coat, the thicker brushed on layer will need a few hours or, days to harden up and cure before sanding can begin again. I haven't put a coat of primer on the bottom yet. Still a ways to go...

ImUtBzQ.jpg

pjlau0A.jpg