F4H-1 Phantom book out

Chek

As many of you no doubt already know, author Tommy Thomason has been labouring for a while now to produce the definitive monograph on the first 47 Phantoms which basically evolved the concept from the earliest proposal to the fleet service-ready F-4B.

I've just had notification from Hannant's that my back order has been activated. I'd have liked for reasons of support and solidarity to have ordered from Tommy or Steve Ginter direct, but transatlantic postage being what it is, i bought locally instead. Tommy's blog advises that a 1/48 conversion for the Academy F-4B is forthcoming soon, but as of yet no offering in 1/32 scale. Although Fineartofdecals do still have their somewhat expensive early Phantoms 1/32 decal sheet available for sale. I know that in 1/32 scale I'd have to narrow down the several distinct configurations to a single one for space reasons, but it would be fun choosing!

Be that as it may, Tommy reckons to have found photos of all 47 of the initial run of Phantoms in the book(let) and for that reason alone, together with all the customary technical data that'll be included, I'm sure the title will find a space in many a Phantom phiiacs bookshelves.

NF108.jpg?t=1542206033