Jennings Heilig

Buchon Scale Models 1/32 Hispano HA-1112 M1L Conversion

19 minutes ago, Shoggz said:

Apologies if I've missed something obvious, but is there a specific kit that is intended as the 'host'?

I'm pretty sure this is for the Hasegawa kit, which is quite hard to come by, I started to CAD all this up a few years back but got put off as this set or another was coming out, mine would have been a lot cheaper and I had 3D scanned the fuselage of the Hasegawa to ensure a good fit, I should have carried on regardless.

Graham 

On 12/10/2018 at 7:18 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

Certainly not all of them.  I just re-watched the film this afternoon and I didn’t see any with clipped tips.

FKc0yL.jpg

P131_Me109s_prepare_for_takeoff_in_Spain

And one more...  

P1490593

An excellent photo of two BoB veteran Buchons, one of which still has the clipped wingtips.

p1400497.jpg?w=620

Edited by coogrfan

I don’t recall seeing the movie scene, but there’s a still somewhere which shows Buchons in RAF paint/markings filling out the flight line of the Polish Hurricane squadron... 

Edited by Rob Owens

9 hours ago, Shoggz said:

Apologies if I've missed something obvious, but is there a specific kit that is intended as the 'host'?

It's designed for the Hasegawa G-6 kit, but I've been told that the G-2 kit will work as well.

Kev

This is like putting a Vauxhall engine into a BWM.  The six proud members representing this horrible model episode should be all over the moon. All the best to you gents.  Enjoy!  My Suggestion.  I wouldn’t bring this ugly beast to the next model club meeting.  This should be put out of its misery at your earliest convenience.   .  

6 hours ago, Radub said:

I am a Bf 109 fan and I think that the Buchon is quite attractive in its own way. I ordered one of these and I can't wait for it to arrive. 

Radu 

Same here.  It's just so weird that it has to be wonderful :)  And to think the Bf109/Merlin combination was still considered a frontline fighter well into the early 1960s...  Wow!

I see a juggernaut of a SIG forming here! All 3.5 of you talented gents!  (All in good humor for a Friday).   :D 

I wish I could post pictures from my IPad.  I have a good picture of me sitting in one of these donkeys back in the 80’s with a leather flying head gear and sporting some nifty goggles.  I recall it was on some fun raiser of some sort for the CAF purpose.  Mitchell field in Milwaukee, WI.  Even back then it was an ugly farm beast.  

I will commit to only good praises going forward for anyone with courage to build this kit. I’d like to see if you talented gents can actually paint your donkey-birds in gloss BoB colors?   I’m also hoping you find some really nice brass aftermarket cannon barrels for those really cool fake machine guns and wing cannons!  Lol.  All for entertainment and certainly not meant to offended anyone.   

Carry on and don’t glue your fingers together over this mule.   

Troy