Jennings Heilig

Buchon Scale Models 1/32 Hispano HA-1112 M1L Conversion

I don't recall anyone posting about this.  Looks fantastic!  I have one on the way.  Unfortunately he only has a Facebook presence at the moment, but I have his direct email address if anyone wants it.  It's a bit pricey at close to US $100, but from the looks of it, well worth it.  Casting (and possibly masters?) is done by SBS in Hungary, and it looks really nice!

I've asked him if he'd be interested in Battle of Britain Movieschmitt decals for it, but if he does't bite, I may do a small run myself.

Here's the FB link:  https://www.facebook.com/AttitudeAviationAs/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARAM2EZkEgKrsPKZyTtl05vr7M95yu28HueVPFjAdLfvWC4jFB_5UHqW4ai7NpXjZs6DZ4OBN19xOtX5

bUsOeF.jpg
skipdI.jpg
GNcXvQ.jpg
diPMEW.jpg
Cnizjy.jpg
YFnTv2.jpg
9bfduo.jpg
k405N3.jpg
1SN3gl.jpg
VESBGQ.jpg

Edited by Jennings Heilig

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Apparently the initial release comes with Battle of Britain film decals

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2106972942656422&id=117380071615729

Does look very good, but already have the Grey Matter version.

That's logical, as the "guns" on the fuselage top are props present only on the film Hispanos. 

Note some those (if not all) had the wing tips cropped to look more like the 109 E.

Alain

43 minutes ago, Alain Gadbois said:

That's logical, as the "guns" on the fuselage top are props present only on the film Hispanos. 

Note some those (if not all) had the wing tips cropped to look more like the 109 E.

Certainly not all of them.  I just re-watched the film this afternoon and I didn’t see any with clipped tips.

FKc0yL.jpg

Edited by Jennings Heilig

While not a total 109-a-holic, it looks like a good conversion.

As I don't have even a straight shooter 109E or even a G in 1/32 scale, I've been fascinated for years by the many and varied schemes the ex-Battle of Britain movie Buchons based around Duxford have worn and continue to wear. There are others in genuine Spanish air force schemes, and based abroad, but if you're interested in fake German and movie schemes I can best recommend searching for registrations G-AWHC (two seater), G-AWHE, G-AWHH, G-AWHK, G-AHWN, G-AWHS where you'll find that even the same airframes barely maintain the same scheme for more than three seasons running.

Edited by Chek

5 minutes ago, John1 said:

One of the ugliest aircraft in history (IMHO).  

You can't really argue with that observation, and I'd suggest it's only its movie roles that have made even slightly popular.

That and the irony of a Merlin powered Bf 109 outliving its DB engined brothers.

As for the Bf 109 evolutionary path, alleged pig that it was, I'd be looking at a sliding hood version of the Avia S-199 as representing the end of the line.

Ahhh...

I was a very small child living in Cambridge when the flying scenes from Duxford were filmed - Mahaddie's 'massed' formations over our house.

I don't really recall it  - but mum always maintained it was were I got my interest in aviation from  :)

Conversion looks superb - but like others I already have the Grey Matter conversion - or I'd be up for this!

Iain

I wasn't aware of the Greymatters set, but comparing the two, I'd say this one is more complete if nothing else.  Several different three and four-bladed spinners.  It doesn't come with the Spanish wing cannon mount in this release, but it does have the fake cowling machine gun fairings for the movie birds.  It's also a LOT more expensive.

20 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Certainly not all of them.  I just re-watched the film this afternoon and I didn’t see any with clipped tips.

FKc0yL.jpg

They did not clip much of the wing tip...about a third of the normal one. So it may not be so visible. I will check the movie also (great excuse to do so). If you have the October 2009 issue of Aeroplane Monthly, there's a clear picture of a Buchón with the modified tip on page 25.

Alain