Lanc has landed

Squito2340

On 12/13/2018 at 2:36 PM, ScottsGT said:

Just got a weather delay from UPS.  Stuck in Greensboro.  They did get hit with about 12"-20" of snow across the region last weekend. I can only imagine how backed up that UPS hub is right now. 

A delay? Our local postal service, South African Postal Services had a 4.1 Million package delay. They only cleared it up end of November. Stuff I ordered from Hannants in April, only arrived last week. .8 months later. 

44 minutes ago, npb748r said:

yep, just parted with the equivalent of 3 weeks worth of my family (of 4) food budget for a big box of plastic. Keeping my head down and not mentioning it to the wife yet, think I will wait until either I or her have a few drinks inside of us !

And that is not the end of it. You are going to want all the AM as well. 

Edited by Gerhard

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Nice!  I hope you done mind ykak, I've edited your post to reflect a direct picture of that big beautiful kit.   :D

Thanx, a bit rusty with the links etc. Been away from this site some time as after B-17G, I just could not make any planes for a while. 

just had mine delivered from Hannants. The box is massive, bigger than I expected - haven't yet explored too deeply into it. 

My initial thought whilst smiling madly - who on earth would have thought that one day I would be the proud owner of a 1/32 injection moulded kit of the Lancaster bomber ? This is the aircraft (albeit Airfix in 1/72 scale) along with the Halifax, B29, Sunderland, Spitfire and Beaufighther that I spent the 1970's holding in my hands flying around my home to the tune of the Dambusters march. We are so lucky that we now have so much choice in 1/32 scale. Looking forward to some quiet time after Christmas to build the beast ! 

Yep, mine came in today from Hannants too! Not bad eh? One day from arrival at Hannants HQ to my neck of the woods.

Just to be contrary, I don't actually think the box is that big! When you have the 1/24th scale Airfix Mossie in the stash, ANY other box looks small in comparison!

Size matters.....A bit of trivia FYI
The real Lancaster is marginally smaller in both wingspan and length to the B-17. (B-17F/G W/S 103' 9" L 74' 9" - Lancaster W/S 102' L 69' 6")
It's the beefier fuselage and wings that makes the Lancaster appear bigger.
And the kit box is the exact same size for both the Lancaster and B-17 kits.

Edited by 32tragic