Finished!! 1/32 Revell/Hasegawa Spitfire Mk.1a ( TuAF )

Tolga ULGUR

I picked up the same kit at about the same time last year from my oldest son.  He completely surprised me over the holidays giving me this kit.  This is the kit for me on a shapely Spitfire to get.  Looking forward to your magic Tolga.   I have the awesome decals from Fundekals for this bird too!   

Looking forward to your work.  I’m also going to try the Aires cockpit which is for the Mk-V but it can’t be that difficult to back date.  

Troy 

18 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Indeed, with your skills, I think this one will be another masterpiece.  I've just not seemingly got the patience anymore for the older/have to sand down raised panel lines kits any more.  :( 

Looking forward to watching this one come together! 

Thank you Brian

As a matter of the fact we are at the same side. I also do not like playing with scriber to modifiy panel lines.

But in this kit's fuselage there few panel lines for modifying. So I can stand it.

10 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

Nice start Tolga - don't forget to remove those raised lines behind the exhaust ports on each side. These are representing the gun heating tubes as present on the Mk V's, and weren't present on the Mk I's

Cheers

PR

Pete, thank you  for critical warning. I will delete them.

10 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

I picked up the same kit at about the same time last year from my oldest son.  He completely surprised me over the holidays giving me this kit.  This is the kit for me on a shapely Spitfire to get.  Looking forward to your magic Tolga.   I have the awesome decals from Fundekals for this bird too!   

Looking forward to your work.  I’m also going to try the Aires cockpit which is for the Mk-V but it can’t be that difficult to back date.  

Troy 

Thanks Troy

Good luck for your built.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:29 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

Never could figure out why Hasegawa and Revell both depicted the retractable landing lights under the wings with scale 3” wide trenches.

Yes they are highly distinctive.

But I don t intend to mess with them

Tolga,  do your have any idea where the line up of Spitfires and Hurricanes were when the photo was taken?  Obviously in Turkey, but I was curious to know where exactly.  I’m also thinking the rudders were all in red?   This is going to be great to see in color.  

Troy 

3 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Tolga,  do your have any idea where the line up of Spitfires and Hurricanes were when the photo was taken?  Obviously in Turkey, but I was curious to know where exactly.  I’m also thinking the rudders were all in red?   This is going to be great to see in color.  

Troy 

Hi Troy

These 2 Spitfire Mk.1 and Hurricanes (Mk.1) are from 4th Regiment 42nd Company in 1940. The region is in Çorlu Turkey.

Yes all the rudders are red with white star and crescent.

Camouflage colors are Dark earth and green over black.