Hawk 81 A-2, American Volunteer Group, 1st Pursuit Squadron, "White 7" (1/32 Trumpeter)

Mikester

Still battling photo hosting issues since I shut down my website, so let's see if this works...

Here's the (un-buildable :lol:) 1/32 Trumpeter P-40B/C done in the markings of Robert Neale's "White 7" of the AVG in Kunming, China in June of '42, CO of 1st Pursuit and the leading AVG ace with 15.5 kills. Decals are from Kits World mostly and were excellent. I started with Tiger Wings decals which look great on the sheet but we were so thin and brittle they were mostly unusable. Big, big shout out to my buddy Rick Kranias who provided me with the two side windows for the cockpit after I broke mine.

Details:

BarracudaCast resin wheels
Master brass MG set
SAC landing gear (only because lone of my struts got lost)
Cockpit corrected with left over parts from Azur Hawk 75 and some scratch-building
Kits World decals
Paint: Mr. Color

IMG_0948_zpsluhkpeso.jpg

IMG_0946_zpst2hgw1lz.jpg

IMG_0941_zpstdldik5f.jpg

IMG_0944_zpsgjwpsvtt.jpg

IMG_0940_zpslwvbuq9a.jpg

IMG_0939_zpssxneoy8r.jpg

IMG_0943_zpsu6wj3aoh.jpg

IMG_0947_zps4p3zpf7q.jpg

IMG_0948_zpssxn9fcbb.jpg

IMG_0949_zpsluc6wf0v.jpg

Edited by Mikester

That looks absolutely spot on, you just need to put up some Black and White photos to make it seem even more real. The kit was the first Trumpeter kit that I built and despite it's flaws I found it a really nice build and it still lives on in my display cabinet.

Cheers

Dennis