1/20 Nichimo Cessna-172 Skyhawk

John Everett

Hello LSP,

I finished the Cessna a few months ago and have posted it in a couple of places. But I thought it might make a nice introduction to my first post here on LSP.

There was a lot added to the engine and a little bit done with the interior. But in general the 40 year old kit includes just about everything you see here.

IMG-2313-1280x960.jpg

IMG-2328-1280x960.jpg

IMG-2361-1280x960.jpg

IMG-2351-1280x960.jpg

IMG-2335-1280x960.jpg

Back in August a member was asking if he should build his copy or just collect it. 

I would answer his question by pointing out that unbuilt models are sad and lonely and if you were going to have a "bucket list" finished model, this would be one.

Edited by John Everett

Hello Kevin. I was bumbling through the unfamiliar format and was able to edit the post and add some pictures. I've got build pictures and a lot more finished photos on my website. Do your forum rules allow for including links to personal sites?

Firstly welcome to LSP!

And....wow!  That 172 is awesome! 

We had the Air NZ Flying Club one in our hangar for a SIDS inspection and I thought about getting this kit more than once!  Then I got sick of seeing 172 bits all around the hangar which seemed to go on forever and then I got sick of her  getting in my way.... and that's when I  decided against having 1/20th scale 172.  That would mean pieces all over my workbench at home as well....LOL

Stunning build and rekindles my interest now she has gone... Well done

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Great job - very imaginative presentation!  There is just not enough civil aviation subjects around - it is quite a treat to see a good example of what can be done.  Thanks for posting!!!