Nailhead decals by Jennings Heilig

BSteinIPMS

9 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

Damn, that is nice!!! :o

BTW, I am a Facebook member, but neither link works for me, either.

Okay, thanks Ray. What seems to work best is to go to my online Google Photo Album where these pics live, right-click the photo, and select "Copy image address" from the drop-down menu, paste it into this post, then - as if by magic - the six or seven line URL converts into an image. Wow! Just like magic! 

Oh, and this is the Oberürsel UR.2 rotary engine which is installed in the airframe.

m6YjflLctORBKJ4ZI3PfZl4fhN0Id8Aj962gmfMy

8 minutes ago, BSteinIPMS said:

Thanks, Brian. And I had a great time at the 2017 IPMS/USA Nats in Omaha. Give yourself a pat on the back if you had anything to do with it.

Cheers!

--Bob

Thanks Bob! Yes, it was our Omaha Fort Crook Cpter IPMS that  put in the efforts, and I  certainly cant take the credit, but can only hope I did help make it fun!  Would have loved to have met you!  

17 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Thanks Bob! Yes, it was our Omaha Fort Crook Cpter IPMS that  put in the efforts, and I  certainly cant take the credit, but can only hope I did help make it fun!  Would have loved to have met you!  

Me too....I met some very nice folks there. Having seen some spectacular WWI models there, I was inspired to carve my own laminated propeller. I think anyone could do this in this scale if they didn't mind being awash in a sea of sawdust......

4xElbb2wzKZ-XF0aUsjJX72zxPxMxAwwt2MjZNU6

The kit provides a plastic propeller which does not capture the ambiance of the laminated original made from walnut and birch. Using cherry and basswood I laminated up seven layers of wood, glued with Titebond and clamped. Titebond is an aliphatic resin glue which when dry can be sanded out to a feather edge, drilled, and carved, unlike rubbery white glue which is a polyvinyl acetate.

23 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Your articles for FSM are still among my favourites!

Me too Bob. I always knew an issue with your name on it would

be a goody .  Your builds were always an inspiration to me.

:clap2: