Painting SHM Exhaust Inquiry

phasephantomphixer

Hey guys, I am posting a few photos of the Sierra Hotel Models 32nd J-79 Exhaust as I’ve had questions in regards of how best to paint and highlight the spot-weld detail on the nozzles. When I mastered these Exhaust nozzles I made sure to add the spot weld detail and edge strips to the outer turkey feathers as no aftermarket makers had represented this key feature which always stood out to me when I was an active duty Air Force Crew Chief on the Phantom.

I found that Humbrol Metal Cote Gunmetal not only captures the metallic tint, if you lightly buff it, gives proper wear look. 66e8f9ea4680dae2b14100e43ccb891b.jpg

Here's raw unpainted part showing the added details.

ba9e8dad0568d3a0739ae177126bc463.jpg

Very nice indeed ... but again it would be nice to know if they are available for order...! :deadhorse:

I'm also very happy to know SHM is programming a Pave Knife release but I will not hold my breath regarding availability. I'm having a look for years at the website to get F-15A wheels but I have yet to see them being available. A pity.

:crying:

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Very nice indeed ... but again it would be nice to know if they are available for order...! :deadhorse:

I'm also very happy to know SHM is programming a Pave Knife release but I will not hold my breath regarding availability. I'm having a look for years at the website to get F-15A wheels but I have yet to see them being available. A pity.

:crying:

I am told the links are up and there is stock. Guess molding mouse got a morsel of cheese...

• 4 months later...