P-47N wheels

Harold

I am getting ready to start the Trumpeter P-47N but could find no wheels for it so decided to go with

the P-47D wheels which I don't believe are correct for an "N".  Would love to have some Harold.

By the way, I HATE RUBBER TIRES!!!

:beer4:

Jerry :piliot:

6 minutes ago, K5IKL said:

I am getting ready to start the Trumpeter P-47N but could find no wheels for it so decided to go with

the P-47D wheels which I don't believe are correct for an "N".  Would love to have some Harold.

By the way, I HATE RUBBER TIRES!!!

:beer4:

Jerry :piliot:

That's why my inquiry. I found Jerry Rutman did them, but I don't know if he is still doing them. I would also need to know what tread pattern was use on most of them.

Edited by Harold

I think there are some 8 slot wheels out there. There was a link to them here a while back. They are listed as P-47D but work for the N as they are 8 slot. They are either Quickboost or True Details. I could be wrong and they are Eduard. I do know they exist. Other than Jerry Rutlans ones they are the only ones. 

26 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

I think there are some 8 slot wheels out there. There was a link to them here a while back. They are listed as P-47D but work for the N as they are 8 slot. They are either Quickboost or True Details. I could be wrong and they are Eduard. I do know they exist. Other than Jerry Rutlans ones they are the only ones. 

Thanks...I will check for them.

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

Thanks, I did find a few more shots of those, the back side is odd, not sure what they represent, but being mostly covered might not be a big deal.

If the back is off that much, you very well could sell these as N specific wheels.

The recently released True Details P-47 wheels look a lot like the ones you would see on a restored or currently flying warbird.  The tires have a modern tread pattern on them and probably wouldn't be appropriate for the WWII era.  The backs of them also look a bit strange, maybe for a different style brake.  Yes they have the eight spoke wheel but don't look period correct.

Harold, we could really use a set of P-47N wheels with a correct tread pattern!

Thanks,

Kirk