T-45C Goshawk 1/32nd Scale Revell kit Conversion

Timmy!

On 12/7/2018 at 4:03 PM, josh said:

beautiful bird......students revenge, no gear down??

The answer is a few posts back....

14 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

That's awesome! Love that inflight stand! Isn't that the same airplane the Navy pilots went on strike and refused to fly because of the O2 generation system not working? 

Cheers...Ron

There have been going issues with the OBOGS systems in every jet that has them.  F-22, F-18, Harrier, T-45 I'm sure others.  Couple of F-22 guys took themselves of flight status and made the problems public.  But not strike....that doesn't happen n the military.  Flying is voluntary though doing that is career ender and you still owe time; so you could be the basket ball inflater at the gym for a few years until your commitment is up.  Always better not to hold on too tight and lose the edge.

Great build Tim, and very interesting blog, as I am just building the Revell Hawk T.1A, I would be interested in buying a set of the vinyl MDC parts off you if you still have the pattern, I have no confidence in using the kit decal

Thank you everyone for the kind comments.  I'm glad to have this one off the bench.  I'm ready to move on to other projects, and back to proper scratch building.

4 hours ago, GROWLER 96 said:

Timmy,wonderful job ! What about your jaguar?

Ahhh the Jag.  I'm working on an update to the project.  Long story short Jaguar 3.0 is on the way.  Unfortunately the masters were lost in the Paradise Fire, and my good friend Paul Fisher was helping me cast the project.

I'm just so glad Paul his wife and fur buddies are safe, and I'm looking forward to making an even better Jag.  I have some new tools now and more experience that should serve me well.  Also there is a big error in the windscreen that I finally figured out, so I can fix that.  Lately, I have nailed down the main gear, that is, established all the joint angles so the gear can retract....looking forward to making working gear.  More to follow with full articles on my website, and updates here.

16 hours ago, Robthepom said:

Great build Tim, and very interesting blog, as I am just building the Revell Hawk T.1A, I would be interested in buying a set of the vinyl MDC parts off you if you still have the pattern, I have no confidence in using the kit decal

I'm planning on releasing the files so those with vinyl cutters can make their own.  If anyone wants me to cut set, please pm me and we'll make arrangements.

Thanks again everyone, 

Timmy!

Peter nice shot!  I chose 109 because the Marine Corps is represented.

On 12/20/2018 at 2:47 AM, Starfighter said:

I absolutely love it - one of my favourite subjects, built the 'Timmy!' way! The result is great as usual and the build report was huge fun to watch. What's next on your list? Back to the Jaguar?

Yep...full effort on the Jag!   Glad you like the model!

• 4 months later...

For anyone willing to attempt this type of conversion, I have uploaded some files to Thingiverse. Some of the parts are meant to be printed on resin type printers and others for CNC milling.  Part descriptions will indicate what method best suited for production.

Enjoy and thanks for watching the project.

Timmy!

P.S.  Plans will be published at a future date.  I'll post here when available.

Goshawk Parts