LEM 1/32nd MIG-27 and Trumpy MIG-23 and AM

crobinsonh

By the way, I forget adding this: that exercise made me find an error on the Hph BN nose! Indeed, there is a problem in the shape and location of the external armor plates. Normally the rear edge of such plates should be aligned with the rear edge of the canopy. This is valid for all tactical bomber versions. On the resin nose, the rear edge is located too far (more or less 3mm). Normally, this should not be too noticeable on a BN as the air intake as a kind of variramp hiding the armor edge. However, for a 27, this is more annoying as the boundary layer plate is far smaller... Another issue to solve! By the way, the LEM nose is correct regarding that aspect!

The HpH Mig-23BN conversion also lacks two important features (at least for the intended Mig-23BN building):

1. the bulged nose wheel door

2. the Delta N fairing on the right wing glove pylon 

Both are quite visible feature of the Mig-23BN

you might dismiss the Delta N for some Mig-27 but that still leave the bulged nosewheel door lacking 

Edited by red Dog

The Trumpeter fuselage has some shape issues, more particularly in its rear section but, to me, that is not too noticeable. The nose has many errors (radome shape, canopy, intake profile, etc.). However, the global dimensions and the fuselage height are ok. I did not really considered the Trumpeter kit in the equation to make a MiG-27 as both planes have noticeably different bellies and fuselage sides because of the sturdier landing gear and the heavy punch gun of the 27. So, I could only use the wings and the upper rear fuselage. Not really worth the cost as except the lack of screws and rivets, the LEM parts are OK for such areas.