HK;s Lancaster.

Phartycr0c

Well done Dave, a sterling job indeed, oh no, it's a Lanc! The LSP stand was my first port of call Saturday morning, I was chatting to Roy about his Fortress III when he pointed out that yours was the HK Lanc. To say that I was impressed is an understatement by every aspect of the kit; its size, the finish you had applied to it and the time frame in which you achieved it. All absolutely "wizard"!!!!. So glad I have one on order.

Dave, you are the 5 week wizard!! I saw this beauty at Telford last month and I could tell by the amount of people around you all the time that, as I am , they too were well impressed, not only by your huge effort, but also by Neil's Lancaster. For me it captures the beauty of this iconic bomber to a tee! I for one can live without the 'oil canning' of the WNW kit but it's there should you choose; however think on this - I think it very likely that a number of very brave souls will want to modify, 'improve' or even alter this Lanc to a Manchester or a Lincoln or maybe even a York - good luck on that! - so how does the home modeller recreate the oil canning? Just a thought!

In meantime thanks Dave, thanks for being so quick of the mark and showing us this beauty and a very big thanks to Neil Yan of HK for sticking with it - now Neil, where's the FG.1/FGR.2 Phantom you promised????

Best regards to all and, if it's not too early, a very Merry Xmas to one and all! 

Steve S.

Well done on such a cracker! - Having seen this beaut in the flesh at Telford, I have to admit I’m amazed to learn how short a time you had... Top of the toppest jobs and hats off to you sir.

Torben

Many thanks for the wonderful replies. 

Folks, I feel it only right that I thank Neil for his generosity in making the test shot available in time, and more importantly my good lady wife, who when i told her what was occurring was more than understanding particularly as i took time off from work in order to complete this project. Without her support, I could have been so much different. 

The build itself will be donated to one of three museums who have shown an interest in possibly having her for display. That however, will be after April and the Shropshire IPMS show at RAF Cosford. 

Again, Many thanks