Copper State Models CSM 32001: Nieuport XVII Early

LSP_Kevin

Dear friends, those who ordered their Nieuport XVII EARLY a correction in the instruction is needed.

Page 13, Step 46 - Side panel part numbers in the instruction should be changed, it is important for installing a proper set of panels for specific markings.

We would like to thank Ray Peterson for his attention to details and making our product better. He noticed this mistake and contacted us about this issue.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience

6c4111.jpg

Edited by Edgar

From the review (emphasis is mine):

Every area of the aircraft is detailed: engine, accessory bay, cockpit and even the rear fuselage which has the includes the inner reinforcing plates and even ribs within the fairings for the tail skid. It appears very inspired by the Wingnut Wings kits, and maybe even goes a bit beyond them.

Big words indeed!   I think I might give this kit a go.  Minimal rigging (if WNW won't do it, maybe CSM will offer the ultimately riggingless kit - Fokker Triplane) and apparently of outstanding quality. Anyone know what this kit is pricing out at?

3 hours ago, Edgar said:

Dear friends, those who ordered their Nieuport XVII EARLY a correction in the instruction is needed.

Page 13, Step 46 - Side panel part numbers in the instruction should be changed, it is important for installing a proper set of panels for specific markings.

We would like to thank Ray Peterson for his attention to details and making our product better. He noticed this mistake and contacted us about this issue.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience

6c4111.jpg

Thanks Edgar! I will add the errata to the review later today to help get the word out.

2 hours ago, John1 said:

From the review (emphasis is mine):

Every area of the aircraft is detailed: engine, accessory bay, cockpit and even the rear fuselage which has the includes the inner reinforcing plates and even ribs within the fairings for the tail skid. It appears very inspired by the Wingnut Wings kits, and maybe even goes a bit beyond them.

Big words indeed!   I think I might give this kit a go.  Minimal rigging (if WNW won't do it, maybe CSM will offer the ultimately riggingless kit - Fokker Triplane) and apparently of outstanding quality. Anyone know what this kit is pricing out at?

My note is based on the amount of detail added that most likely won't be seen: the work in the accessory area, and the framework and tail skid support and reinforcing - all will be hidden. It is a very complete model. They also do a great job showing control wires in cockpit from different angles to help you add them and spend a lot of effort pointing out colors. Nice! If it goes together as nice as the instructions show, it will make for a beauty of a model! I do expect you will have to take care with construction like a WNW kit: no paint along mating surfaces, etc, but will look forward to seeing build-ups. I wish I could dive in, but have a few projects a head if it unfortunately.

I got my two kits yesterday and indeed CSM did a great job. I can only confirm what I said to people who did not believe another manufacturer could release a kit comparable to what WnW is producing: Sorry guys but you were fortunately wrong! It is simply not possible to differenciate the quality of the sprues when you compare the CSM and WnW ones!

I also like the instruction sheet that looks like a crossover between Zukei Moura and WingnutsWings ones. Well done!

Last, one Polish guy who built one told me this simply asked for a little bit more than...one weekend (!) as this is really a LEGO-like kit.

Without any doubt I will get most of the future releases.

Yepeeee!