Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

8 hours ago, dutik said:

Time to check the stash. Plenty of Twins there, both jets and props.

Just for interest 3 questions:

1. Are mixed propulsion planes allowed (i. e. Ryans Fireball, Mig-13, the proposed Do-335 variant with a jet at the rear etc.)? I guess - yes.

2. I guess that just some added RATOs do not turn an aircraft into a multi-engine plane. Right?

(Sideline: Am I right that Bachems Natter - one build in rocket engine, 4 external boosters - is also not qualified?)

3. How about space shuttles? The have wings, are landing like aircrafts and most of them have more than one build-in rocket engine for propulsion. Do space shuttles qualify?

Regards

- dutik

Mixed propulsion subjects would be fine, but not anything that simply has RATO packs or non-permanent assistive propulsion.

Technically, space shuttles are spacecraft, rather than aircraft, so don't really qualify.

While I'm here, I just need to remind folks not to post your finished GB entries in the RFI forum; they get posted to the dedicated GB Gallery by (usually) Brad, who will upload them directly for posterity.

Kev

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/15/2019 at 5:35 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

While I'm here, I just need to remind folks not to post your finished GB entries in the RFI forum; they get posted to the dedicated GB Gallery by (usually) Brad, who will upload them directly for posterity.

Kev

Hi Kev

Im curious where is the group build gallery?  Can we have a pinned thread with all the finish build? 

• 3 months later...

I'm a bit late to the party, and a first time GB participant.

I've given myself just over 3 months to start and complete the Revel Tornado GR1 RAF boxing. I'm adding an unusual loadout from an image my dad caught when he was lucky enough to be on board an RAF tanker sortie.

FD391E8C-5890-45CD-821B-522356234313_zps

Sky shadow and Boz pods

4 Alarm drill rounds

4 x Storm Shadow drill rounds.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Ajak said:

Hi!

I'm new here, so forgive a stupid question in case - will a B747 1/144 be allowed here - not a large scale plane but a large plane indeed?  

Unfortunately not, Ajak. The definition of LSP here is for aircraft and helicopters 1/35 scale and larger. Sorry! We welcome you aboard nonetheless, and hope you can still participate.

Kev

2 minutes ago, Ajak said:

Thanks for correcting my ways! No worries, I have something else in store - how about https://www.scalemates.com/kits/roden-632-cessna-o-2a-skymaster--1140603 - scale 1/32, to engines, looks fine for me? 

Indeed it does! Just be aware that the Group Build only has 2 more months to run, so if you don't think you'd get your build finished in that time, you could always start it in the Works in Progress section (or we can move it there at the end of the GB).

Kev

• 2 months later...

OK folks, just a couple of more days to run on this one, and then it's all over! Don't forget there will be a prize draw at the end. Also don't forget that if you'd like to continue posting progress on your build after the GB stop date, let us know and we can move it over to the WiP forum for you.

Kev