Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

48 minutes ago, AlanG said:

Well i've found a conversion set from CMK to convert the Ju88 A4 to an A17. Only problem is that you have to buy the torpedo wing racks separately. I mean. Who ever heard of a Ju88 with one wing rack? Stupidity on the highest level imho. So i will have to save up even harder now before i can start this GB. But i am determined to do it.

Yep I have these and the torpedoes to do the same thing. Was a bit weird as you get the control tube/cover from the cockpit to the torpedo but you only need it for one side.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:55 PM, DesTROYer said:

Sounds like a more than reasonable reason to start on my 1/32 Tamiya Tomcat.

Dooooooooooooooo it Troy. I might have to visit the hobby shop as I don't have any twin engine LSP's in the stash!

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning.  I'm afraid I'm new to all this -- new to LSP and to group builds in general and all this sharing of photos and information and such, so I have a couple of questions:  Are scratchbuilds acceptable as long as it is the proper scale or am I required to build from a kit?  Do I have to declare to the world what I am building ahead of time or can I just show up at the dance with what I brung?  Are work in progress photos required/expected?   At this point, I have no idea what I'd build other than it would be Navy, big and with more than one motor.  Other than that, any suggestions or guidance from anyone more experienced than I would be appreciated.

24 minutes ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Good morning.  I'm afraid I'm new to all this -- new to LSP and to group builds in general and all this sharing of photos and information and such, so I have a couple of questions:  Are scratchbuilds acceptable as long as it is the proper scale or am I required to build from a kit?  Do I have to declare to the world what I am building ahead of time or can I just show up at the dance with what I brung?  Are work in progress photos required/expected?   At this point, I have no idea what I'd build other than it would be Navy, big and with more than one motor.  Other than that, any suggestions or guidance from anyone more experienced than I would be appreciated.

Welcome to LSP mate. Scratchbuilds are most welcome, anything that flies in 1/35 and above. You don't have to tell people what you are going to do ahead of time, but many of us do. We all like to read what others are planning. To participate in the Group Build (and be eligible for the raffle prizes at it's conclusion) you do require a thread where you document your progress in the build, but if you just wanted to show some pictures of your completed model(s), you are welcome to post your pictures in the 'Ready for Inspection' forum. If you wanted to document your build in a thread that is not part of the Group Build, you can start a post in the 'Works in Progress' forum.

If you're not sure what large scale kits are available, the link below is to the sites kit database for all LSP's that have been produced.

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/kitdb/list.php