Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

On 12/10/2018 at 8:03 PM, Padubon said:

I am ready for January. Santa has a warehouse 1.8 miles from my house called Sprue Brothers.

Lanc, brass .303s, decals and instrument panel. All I need is time.

FaqRjU5.jpg

I have never been so inpatient about building a model as I am with the Lancaster.

Great subjects so far. I'm planning to join the GB but I have to much to choose from. I have a large amount of twin engines in the stash:

- Ju88 A1 or A4

- He 111 H6

- Me 262 A or B

- Horton 229 (already past 25%)

- He 219

- Ta 154

- Bf 110 (G2 conversion)

- Fw 189

- Ar 234

- He 129 (GMF version, not going to build that one with the upcoming ZM kit)

- P61

But I do want to do something bigger. What about three, four or even six engines? I'd like some opinions....

- What about a He111 H22? Or in other words a Heinkel 111 with a V1 buzz bomb under the wing. Three engines....

If I'm going to build that I'm using Profimodeller's conversion and a Special Hobby V1 kit.

1_1497335796.jpg

4F820BEB-4BB3-431D-A435-F0F1710CFEE3_sh3

- Or just build the B17G from HKM. Four engines. I really like the paint scheme from the aircraft 'Bit o lace':

B17-G_sheets_merged.jpg

- Or B17G 339119 with two JB-2 Loon cruise missiles (i could convert the Special Hobby V1 for that purpose). Six engines!

wLC1dQvDZxA0ZyvzvUW4PZXzvenhLV8ENubMubUG

What to choose?

Wouter

19 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

LOL, I’m not sure you can count the engines on air dropped V1s toward the total, since they don’t provide any thrust to the aircraft.  If you could count missile engines, can you imagine how many engines a fully A-A loaded Su-27 would have?

I know the V1 's don't add thrust to the aircraft, but  the pulse engine is really an air breathing engine and not a solid rocket like modern A-A missiles. So in that sense you could see it as a three (he111) or six (B17) engine build.

44 minutes ago, Wouter said:

Great subjects so far. I'm planning to join the GB but I have to much to choose from. I have a large amount of twin engines in the stash:

- Ju88 A1 or A4

- He 111 H6

- Me 262 A or B

- Horton 229 (already past 25%)

- He 219

- Ta 154

- Bf 110 (G2 conversion)

- Fw 189

- Ar 234

- He 129 (GMF version, not going to build that one with the upcoming ZM kit)

- P61

But I do want to do something bigger. What about three, four or even six engines? I'd like some opinions....

- What about a He111 H22? Or in other words a Heinkel 111 with a V1 buzz bomb under the wing. Three engines....

If I'm going to build that I'm using Profimodeller's conversion and a Special Hobby V1 kit.

1_1497335796.jpg

4F820BEB-4BB3-431D-A435-F0F1710CFEE3_sh3

- Or just build the B17G from HKM. Four engines. I really like the paint scheme from the aircraft 'Bit o lace':

B17-G_sheets_merged.jpg

- Or B17G 339119 with two JB-2 Loon cruise missiles (i could convert the Special Hobby V1 for that purpose). Six engines!

wLC1dQvDZxA0ZyvzvUW4PZXzvenhLV8ENubMubUG

What to choose?

Wouter

zUgtYGf.jpg

:innocent:

I’m in for this for sure. Happy 20th LSP! I share the same problems as others about subject choice, but also see this as the perfect impetus, as others do, to get a build going and finished. I’ve narrowed it down to either an HK B-25 or WNW AEG. I’d like to do one of the Catch-22 ships, my wife would actually enjoy that as she loves the novel. But the AEGs are calling to me - they look like flying bullfrogs to me. Put me down as B-25 first, AEG second. Can’t wait to start!

Jimbo

edit: I should add that both kits are unstarted, Kev. 

Edited by jimbo

On 12/28/2018 at 8:29 PM, Wouter said:

I know the V1 's don't add thrust to the aircraft, but  the pulse engine is really an air breathing engine and not a solid rocket like modern A-A missiles. So in that sense you could see it as a three (he111) or six (B17) engine build.

While I agree that the V1 is an air-breathing pulse jet, the fact that when slung under an He111 or B-17 would not add to the number of engines the plane has... Ordnance, which is what the V1's would have been, is just that.  I'd also imagine that in order to qualify for the multi-engine rating, the engine would need to be permanently mounted to the airframe.

Not so serious gentlemen. I just meant it as a build with six (or three) engines, not a six or three engined aircraft. In my opinion it would fit the purpose of a multi engine group build. Think of a mistel like the fw190/bf109 and ju88 combination. That's  a three engine build although not on the same aircraft.

Either way, even without the V1/JB2 my suggested builds are multi-engine.

Maybe it's just the way I have worded it, English not being my first language.

Edited by Wouter
Words

Can i just clarify that you  don't have to start the build in January? I have to finish my Fw190 off first before i could start another build.

If that is possible then i have either the Revell He219 or the Ju88 A4 kit i could break out (although i'd love to convert it to an A17). I've never built a twin engined 1/32 scale kit before. This could be the reason to have a go

Edited by AlanG

3 hours ago, mozart said:

I suspect some (like Erwin who's a very quick builder) will enter several kits, 

I shall :D

Starting with the old Revell Me 110 and a  "what if" Nazi Propaganda-flugzeug.

Then later one of my big kits to get me going several months (He111,Ju88)

Also planned, the Me 262.

A year GB is a long time. I guess it won't stop there.:hmmm:

Edited by Erwin

1 hour ago, mozart said:

No, you can start it in any month you wish Alan, I suspect some (like Erwin who's a very quick builder) will enter several kits, indeed I hope to start another later in the year too.

Thanks mozart. Once i've finished my Fw190 i'll look into starting the GB. I'd love to convert the revell Ju88 A4 to an A17 but it would probably have to be scratch built as i cannot find a conversion kit on the net. Mind you i cannot afford a conversion kit should there be one. Ah the joys of minimum wage lol