Sukhoi Su-27 1/32 Trumpeter Ukraine

Jarda_Hajecek

Kit: Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker B

Manufacturer: Trumpeter (updated molds with corrected intakes and nose) 

Aftermarket: Part metal pitot tube and static dischargers, Quickboost seat. 

Paints: Ammo of MiG, Vallejo, Akan

Markings: Ukraine Air Force splinter camouflage

Decals: combination of custom masks and kit decals

Build was pretty much straight from the box with only adding the metal pitot tube and static wicks from Part and QB seat. The fit of the model is moderate. Some areas fit well some you have to really tweak, fill, sand and rescribe like the nose section. The intakes need a little extra work as well however nothing drastic. One thing to watch out for is the fragility of the nose gear leg. 

The build was for a friend who wanted to have a splinter Flanker as just fell in love with it. It may not be 100% uber accurate but I believe it comes close. 

The finishing of the kit was fighting me all the way due to time constraints. The last stretch was the most challenging as the model was literally finished the morning of Palstic Winter contest in Bratislava, Slovakia last weekend. I was finishing the model in my hotel room. Something I fully do not recommend to anyone. Not worth it guys. As an aftermath as the clear coat was still kind of not fully cured and it drizzled rain that morning the rain did a bit of water damage to the paint job. It did create basically real weathering but it was not intended. In the end as it dried it was looking the part but certainly I will have a transport box with a lid next time. 

For anyone building the kit a word of caution: the model is HUGE. Make sure you have ample room to mamuver the beast around your bench. 

Many thanks for my close friends for encouraging me throughout the build and to my wife for her support and understanding. 

Happy modeling everyone. 

Sukhoi SU-27 1/32 Trumpeter Sukhoi SU-27 1/32 Trumpeter Sukhoi SU-27 1/32 Trumpeter Sukhoi SU-27 1/32 Trumpeter Sukhoi SU-27 1/32 Trumpeter

Sukhoi SU-27 1/32 Trumpeter

Sukhoi SU-27 1/32 Trumpeter Sukhoi SU-27 1/32 Trumpeter Su-27 Su-27 Su-27

The water damage:

Sukhoi SU-27 1/32 Trumpeter Sukhoi SU-27 1/32 Trumpeter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...