US Carrier deck prints - 1 September update!!

BiggTim

I could easily print one at 1/18 if you want. Or any scale, for that matter. Let me test it and let you know how it turns out. 

I've also test printed it at 1/48 and 1/72, but the printer I'm using has some issues with that, and prints noticeable lines in them. I'm still working through that, but larger prints turn have always turned out fine.

Tim

Edited by BiggTim

Well, 1/18 scale worked! It barely fit on the 24 " paper, so there's no border on two sides. The resolution is remarkably, good too!!

20181213-144850.jpg

20181213-145530.jpg

It's yours if you want it, but I'd have to charge 32 bucks, if that's ok. PM if interested.

Tim

Edited by BiggTim
added picture

FYI - there is a member in Victoria, Australia who would like to order a print, but the shipping cost, which is estimated at 15 USD, makes it a little steep. Are there any other folks down under who would like to go together like the UK/Europe group is doing and save on shipping? If so, please PM me or pacificmustang. Thanks,

Tim

Edited by BiggTim

• BiggTim changed the title to US Carrier deck prints - September 2021 update!!

Judyc's question got me thinking - is there any interest in resin copies of these bases? Obviously, I made actual 3D bases in order to scan and print 2D copies of them, but I could make molds of them and cast resin copies, or ask Harold to do it for me (if he's interested). I could even supply the PE tiedown strips for them from Tom's Model Works. I'm sure he wouldn't mind the extra sales! 

As far as the 2D copies, I ran out a while back, but I have some at home I was fixing to list on ebay if you guys need any. I'd just as soon sell them directly and avoid the ebay fees. I also have a few printed in those other "size-challenged" scales for those of you who are not large scale purists! PM me if you are interested.

Tim

• BiggTim changed the title to US Carrier deck prints - September 11 update!!
  • BiggTim changed the title to US Carrier deck prints - 16 December update!!

A number of you have dropped me PMs about picking up prints, and I must apologize for the delay in getting them to you. The large format printer at the office has been having major color and quality issues for the past few months, so I have been unable to print new copies. I am not certain when it will be fixed, or if we will just replace it, but both are very expensive problems. 

I am planning to look into outsourcing them, but that would cost significantly more. I will keep you posted here on my progress. If you have sent me a PM, I still have your name and will contact you directly when I have them in hand.

Tim

• BiggTim changed the title to US Carrier deck prints - 1 September update!!