US Carrier deck prints - 1 September update!!

BiggTim

September 1, 2022 update: It took 9 months to get the new printer delivered and set up at the office, but it's finally ready to go, so if anyone is in need of some deck prints, please let me know.

1/32 = 15 USD 

1/24 = 20 USD

1/18 = 25 USD

These three have to be shipped in a tube, so most of the continental US should run about 8 bucks for shipping and packaging. I usually knock off a few bucks if you buy more than one. The smaller scales will fit in a large envelope, so I'll ship them flat, and it should be cheaper. I haven't done that yet, so we can haggle if you want some.

Pre-war original:

20181105-091530.jpg

20181105-091538.jpg

and the print: (suitable for kits like the Hase BF2C-1, F4B-4, and the like)

20181127-192140.jpg

20181127-195547.jpg

WW2 era original:

20180901-101628.jpg

20180901-102024.jpg

and the print:

20181127-192208.jpg

20181127-195834.jpg

Each was printed with a high quality wide format printer that we use for graphics at work, on double matte paper made for exactly this sort of thing. The paper is quite thick and durable, and each has been sprayed with a clear matte fixative that will protect the ink from smudging during shipping and application, and to some degree from fading and moisture (but NOT completely!). The fixative is professional quality and will not harm the image. I cut them out of the larger sheet leaving a white border of 1/2" to 1", so you can trim it down after you have mounted it, or it leaves you a bit to hide in a frame if you so choose. The image size itself is 13.25" square. Each will come rolled in a 3" cardboard tube with mounting instructions included.

USPS estimator says it should cost about 5 bucks (could be more now, as of 9.1.22) to ship from my west coast zip (98942) to either NY or Miami, so anywhere in the continental US should be roughly the same. I could easily get 2 or 3 or more sheets in a single tube without changing the shipping costs dramatically, if at all. Anywhere outside that I'd just have to find out and let you know before you pay. Payment will be via Paypal, but I'd entertain other options as needed.

Check out Out2gtcha's review of the WW2 image before you buy if you'd like a second opinion. At any rate, I'd be happy to give you a 30 day money back guarantee in case you're not happy for any reason.

A few caveats: This is not a business. I am just a modeler like you folks, and I'm only doing this to make a little extra cash to finance my own hobbies (and keep my wife off my back for spending money :) ). It may take me up to a week to get them packaged and posted, so please be patient with me! If the first printing sells out, I will print more and post them here as soon as I can. Please let me know if you have any questions, and drop me a PM if you're interested in buying one!!

Thanks!

PS - Almost forgot: I can also print them in other scales.

Edited by BiggTim

YES!   With the holiday and some current health issues I have not gotten this done yet, but the pics are done, and I just have to write up the review.   

You can be assured folks Tim did a GREAT job on these!  They are printed on SUPER heavy duty paper, and are about as high quality and professionally done as one could expect. Now that TG is done, and Im able to walk a bit after some much needed PT, I should have the actual review part done for Tims bases this week for sure

6 hours ago, Trak-Tor said:

Looking really great.

I'd be interested in 1/32, one pre-war, one war type...

I wonder how much would shipping over to Europe cost....

Any idea?

:hmmm:

Juraj

5 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I'd be interested to know the cost to the UK, superb product Tim.

If both of you want to PM me your mailing addresses, I'd be happy to find out and get back to you.

Hey folks,

A couple of members in the UK and Europe are interested in ordering some prints, and would like to see if anyone else would like to go in with them to save on shipping. I can fit 6-8 prints in a single tube and ship for about 23.50 USD (according to the USPS estimator), so I could ship to one of you and you all can ship to each other for considerably less. If anyone is interested contact Kagemusha or Trak-Tor.

Tim