1:18 Hobbyboss Av-8B Harrier2

patricksparks

Just got my kit today, I have to say it's awesome, I know some think it's weak and toyish, but I have to say it is really well molded, packaged and sharp. Yeah it needs work to make it a trophy winner, but it sure beats a vacuum form alternative !!!! I was already doing the seat belts this morning on the AMS seat, Thank You Harold !!!! This is going to be Fun !!!!

16 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

A new IP coaming would go a loooooooong way to helping the look, and can contribute research for it if needed

I could look at that for sure. I would need the kit part. I have tried an experiment on mold expanding to "blow up" a 1/32 scale IP to 1/18. I did it in 4 steps, the final one is fairly close to scale but ended up being somewhat rough and a bit distorted. It might make a good base for for TLC to tuck under the combing.

gXj0rY.jpg

d8H33q.jpg

Edited by Harold

On 11/28/2018 at 12:13 PM, Starfighter said:

It's just a shame that thing has such huge shape issues which are pretty difficult to correct

where? maybe we should ask for a correction set by Zactoman or Harold :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Luca said:

where? maybe we should ask for a correction set by Zactoman or Harold :rolleyes:

A correction set would just be a new kit! This kit simply falls into the "it looks the part and is cool to have" category. 

Edited by Dave Roof