F-4EJ Kai - blue scheme decals coming in December

seiran01

On 11/26/2018 at 3:40 PM, Tony T said:

I so want to do a proper RF-4EJ photo Phantom in that scheme with the Woodpecker on the tail. If only Tamiya had done the decent thing and issued a great 1/32 Photo Phantom kit. 

Got Wolfpack bits and Zotz Dragon decals lined up for the gun-toting EJ. It's a much better kit than the F-4E Early Production boxing, with sticky foil "fishplates" doublers for the stabs, a much more accurate rear IP and lovely grey as well as ghastly clear nose parts.

Tony 

By the way Tony, I do not know if you are mentioning that because Phoenix also released RF-4EJ decals...?

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/30lmqrry4chexbwrsd0r.html

From all I've heard, they're well designed. DXM uses Cartograf for the decal printing, so you know the physical quality will be good.

I've tried to reach Wolfpack by email and via their facebook page; i know they've at least seen the FB message and have not yet bothered to send any sort of reply relating to reissuing the Kai conversion set. Think I'm going to forge ahead with converting it on my own. 

On 3 December 2018 at 2:16 PM, thierry laurent said:

By the way Tony, I do not know if you are mentioning that because Phoenix also released RF-4EJ decals...?

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/30lmqrry4chexbwrsd0r.html

Look super. Just need Tan Model's future RF-4E kit; the Revell Photo Phantom kit needs a new tool canopy to pass muster.

Tony 

On 11/26/2018 at 8:40 AM, Tony T said:

Got Wolfpack bits and Zotz Dragon decals lined up for the gun-toting EJ. It's a much better kit than the F-4E Early Production boxing, with sticky foil "fishplates" doublers for the stabs, a much more accurate rear IP and lovely grey as well as ghastly clear nose parts.

Tony

Now that you've mentioned it, I'd completely forgotten that Tamiya even did the EJ in 1:32. A quick check reveals that we have no database entry for it either. Do you by any chance have a nice head-on shot of the box?

27 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Now that you've mentioned it, I'd completely forgotten that Tamiya even did the EJ in 1:32. A quick check reveals that we have no database entry for it either. Do you by any chance have a nice head-on shot of the box?

I can do that tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 10:52 AM, seiran01 said:

From all I've heard, they're well designed. DXM uses Cartograf for the decal printing, so you know the physical quality will be good.

I've tried to reach Wolfpack by email and via their facebook page; i know they've at least seen the FB message and have not yet bothered to send any sort of reply relating to reissuing the Kai conversion set. Think I'm going to forge ahead with converting it on my own. 

I have but one set from DXM (F/A-18 Super Hornet), and they are outstanding. Like you state, printed by Cartograf, it's hard to go wrong with them.