F-4EJ Kai - blue scheme decals coming in December

seiran01

DXM has announced via their Facebook page a new decal sheet for sea camo two-tone blue JASDF Phantoms, release in December 2018. 

Im already prodding Wolfpack to reissue their conversion set for the EJ Kai. Fingers crossed as this is a plane I’ve been wanting to model for quite a while :coolio:

dzL0jSs.jpg

I get out , and then they go and pull me back in...

10 1/32 F-4s completed , and I thought I was out of the Phantom business.. and now this and the Speedhunter E/G sets .. Oh come on guys , give me a break!

Anybody selling Tamiya F-4E's cheap?

colinR

I so want to do a proper RF-4EJ photo Phantom in that scheme with the Woodpecker on the tail. If only Tamiya had done the decent thing and issued a great 1/32 Photo Phantom kit. 

Got Wolfpack bits and Zotz Dragon decals lined up for the gun-toting EJ. It's a much better kit than the F-4E Early Production boxing, with sticky foil "fishplates" doublers for the stabs, a much more accurate rear IP and lovely grey as well as ghastly clear nose parts.

Tony 

I contacted Wolfpack 2 weeks ago about this and no response...

So far as converting it goes, you can source the wingtip sensors from an extra set of outer wings of a revell f-4e/f/g (graft onto a hard [non-slatted] wing). Tail sensors look to be easy to add. Ribbing on radome should be easy enough to add, and then the only other external differences are a large spine antenna and larger antenna in the nose gear door. New control panels and HUD will round out the conversion if you’re hellbent on full accuracy.

It looks like DXM is going to add the sheets for sale on dec 4 (Tuesday this week) if I read things correctly. 

Hi guys, who makes the dry transfers mentioned here? I like using dry transfers, especially for stencils. I've got the Wolfpack conversion and a set of dry transfer JASDF F-4EJ markings would be a great find for me. In the past I have used the verlinden dry transfer aircraft stencils. I like the realism, ease of use and the absence of decal film...

Hobby Decal made the dry transfers but I think their blue F4 transfers were not available to buy outside of the original Wolfpack conversion. I won’t be surprised if someone decides to sell their transfers from that set now that decals are coming out, I’d watch eBay in the coming weeks