ZOUKEI MURA 2019-2020 - NEW P-51B/C, Bf-109G and Ar-234 ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

Jan_G

1 minute ago, Dave Williams said:

Instead of a brand new LSP from Tamiya, I’d rather they just continue on with what they started, like a F-16D, slatted F-4E, or glass-nose Mossie.

Or a -4 F4U!    There are indeed a lot of models continued on from their current line that have been left "hanging" to the dismay of people who like the model Tamiya released, but are after a different variant of that model

On 11/28/2018 at 8:38 AM, Eagle Driver said:

Is there any information that Tamiya are planning B/C Mustang at all? 

That would be nice if it isn't just a fantasy.

There is no indication in this version of reality that Tamiya is considering or planning a B/C Mustang.  I don’t think you can link at any unused parts in any of their Mustang kits to a possible P-51 B/C and they have given no indication which they don’t do any way.  

I am perfectly happy to see ZM offering this kit.  The chances we would see Tamiya do one in the near future is so remote that it is not worth worrying about.

I really think it is more realistic that Tamiya will not do a new 1/32 release or release a desired variant in 2019 than that they will release a P-51B at any point in time.  My bet is 80% chance there will be no new Tamiya 1/32 in 2019.  I am slightly optimistic that we will get a new 1/32 from Tamiya in 2020 but I still think it more likely we will not get one than that we will.  My plan is to enjoy all the other great stuff coming out that hold out hoping for a Tamiya release that may or may not happen.  I assure you that Tamiya will release lots of great models over the next 2 years but it reasonably likely none of them will be 1/32 airplanes.  They have already announced a 1/24 Ford GT for next year which looks increadible.

If Tamiya never does another 1/32 kit of any kind, frankly I can live with that, I could build 1/32 Tamiya Mustangs the rest of my modeling life and not run out of interesting marking schemes.  I have three Tamiya Corsairs, one in progress, one Spitifire IX on the shelf and plenty of other stuff.  I know I am going to do the new Airfix Hellcat and will do a ZM Mustang B/C.  I might get their 109G will see on that regard, so many great models coming and not enough time.

It's been a long wait for a decent 1/32 P-51B/C, and there's nothing indicating that Tamiya would do one, or wants to. With the promise of one from HK and ZM, I'll grab them when they are released. As I said before I'm not a fan of the ZM approach with all that detail, but I wont be able to resist. I like a detailed cockpit and wheel well, but beyond that I like them with the cowlings buttoned up. But that's just me, I know hundreds of others will be thrilled. I know the quality will be there, and hopefully the accuracy, whichever comes out first. Maybe ZM might consider RAF pilot and ground crew figures to go with them. Just dreaming here...

Bring them on...

Xk3JjJol.jpg

QYFYh9Ul.jpg

Edited by R Palimaka

Oh yeah.....whatever your preference, (I'm a panels closed guy 100% as I generally feel open panels take away from the lines that made me like that plane) I think (FINALLY) having a choice of nice new tool  razor back P-51s from two quality manufacturers cant be anything but a good thing.

For me personally, bring on Miss Revenge (with some slight mods to an F6)!

3_308.jpg

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Oh yeah.....whatever your preference, (I'm a panels closed guy 100% as I generally feel open panels take away from the lines that made me like that plane) I think (FINALLY) having a choice of nice new tool  razor back P-51s from two quality manufacturers cant be anything but a good thing.

I agree 100%; more options are always better.