ZOUKEI MURA 2019-2020 - NEW P-51B/C, Bf-109G and Ar-234 ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

Jan_G

An engine which is to scale will dictate overscaled covers. So there are the following choices:

- exposed engines without covers can be done to scale

-covers to scale will dictate an underscaled engine (or this is left away)

-compromise on both allow for a slightly underscaled engine and a slightly overscaled cover  (Revell 190 series ???)

1 hour ago, Andreas Beck said:

An engine which is to scale will dictate overscaled covers. So there are the following choices:

- exposed engines without covers can be done to scale

-covers to scale will dictate an underscaled engine (or this is left away)

-compromise on both allow for a slightly underscaled engine and a slightly overscaled cover  (Revell 190 series ???)

I am sure they are not to scale but I am thinking Tamiya p-51D series.  Whatever the scale I have been more than satisfied with Tamiya’s proportions and execution of the engine relative to the cowlings along with fit.

I am no fan of Revell

Edited by cbk57

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

If the past is any indication, HKM and ZM will announce their B/C P-51s about the same time.   IMHO, having options, especially for a subject as popular as any P-51 would be,  can only be a good thing. 

I think a well done and accurate, even simplified P-51 B/C kit would be a licence to print money IMHO. 

I don't really have a preference for either brand, as long as the finished product gets reviewed out as OK. I have no particular loyalty to any brand.

On 1/3/2019 at 5:24 PM, Dave Williams said:

Since ZM has to pay for the molds of all of the sprues A-H, it’s not clear how much cheaper a Basic series would be.

Or the other possibility would be to drastically increase the prize of the SWS series to keep a low price on the Basis one. Which mean less SWS series sold.

Also the cost of the mold machining is not linked only to the number of part you produce (or the way you arrange them) but the accuracy you put in it.

The Revell molds for the Spitfire are certainly less complex/expensive than the Tamyia ones as the skin details and part fitting, although fine on the Revell, are not at Tamyia's level.

I'am building the ZM SWS skyraider. I left other a lot of internal parts that would not be visible anyway. Surely they could have save some money by not producing them but in the end, I don't think this would have changed the price of the kit significantly on a 100+ € kit (I don't remember exactly how much I paid it...).

On the 109 story, it seems to be a subject that systematically generate frustration.

It is a bit like a Star Wars movie, there is so much hype, expectations and passion that, when all industrial constraints and producer's choice have been taken into account, it is not what we dreamt of.

Obvioulsy, they can't answer every single expectation of every single modeler in the world. This is the difference between us, passionate people that can loose common sense and the cold perspective of an industry that need to make profits (bouuuh bad word..:D.)

Edited by discus

8 hours ago, discus said:

Or the other possibility would be to drastically increase the prize of the SWS series to keep a low price on the Basis one. Which mean less SWS series sold.

I don't think it would need to be a drastic change in price.

It seems to me that the folks who like the current SWS will keep on buying them anyway

and the folks who like their kits but don't want to build or pay for the extra details will

buy the Basic. Quite simple. I don't think there would be much crossover between the

2 camps.

What appears odd to me is that it looks like there won't be any subjects offered in both

SWS 'and' Basic. Probably has something to do with sprue arrangement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

New old man blog n.103 is out

https://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/sentiment/oyajiblog_103.html

no updates about P-51B, Ar-234, Fw-190 or Bf-109G

just reminder that at Nationals they will display the latest test shots of Hs-129 B-3 and B-2 

jan

img_pkg_32-14.jpg

Edited by Jan_G

On 1/7/2019 at 7:06 PM, cbk57 said:

The P-51B has something of a complex canopy, I would like to see open and closed options engineered into the design.  I prefer not to be committed into one or the other.  

I found the canopy options on the hobbycraft P51A kits very satisfactory, and since these didn't actually change with the B models, why couldn't it be done that way?.........

• 3 months later...