ZOUKEI MURA 2019-2020 - NEW P-51B/C, Bf-109G and Ar-234 ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

Jan_G

14 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

If I can verify this really existed for a while, I think I might be tempted to do this one:

p-51b-2.jpg

It did exist at least long enough to get the photo shown below....

spmEDFY.png

This is the aircraft assigned to Lt. Johnny Pugh.  Named  GERONIMO, s/n 42-106473, G4*N.  This was an early attempt at complying with an 8th AF Fighter Command directive assigning  nose colors to its groups. The directive was issued on or about 23 March, 1944.  The photo caption (not shown in the photo above) indicates that this particular nose color scheme probably didn't last too long.

REFERENCE:  Olmstead, Merle. C. 2004. To War With the Yoxford Boys, The Complete Story of the 357th Fighter Group. Library of Eagles. Hamilton, MT. (p. 50)

Edited by Juggernut
Clarity

That's right, I remember the story now. They 'mis-interpreted' the directive and this was their version of painting the yellow and red checkered band on the nose. They were ordered to do it right and Geronimo soon had the correct band, and a bubble hatch, IIRC.

I have had the Montex Mask scheme for this plane for years.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Vincent
On 11/25/2018 at 1:48 PM, Radub said:

This is supposed to be a hobby, a relaxing hobby. If this causes you such distress, you are doing it wrong. 

Radu 

unfortunatly, for many modelers i have met, the hobby IS the highlight of their life. And because it is, they have very limited funds to fuel it.

I also hope no modeler will be involved in the development of these kits because frankly when they are, the end product is, shall we way, mixed

Edited by Vincent/MDC

3 hours ago, Vincent/MDC said:

And knowing what Tamiya did with our original G6, it could very well be that they release their 1:32 version before ZM

You said WHAT ??

8cTSSzZ.jpg

On the Revell P-51 D-5, I was glad Revell released this kit because I've wanted an early D (no fin fillet) to do a specific paint finish and markings (Passion Wagon) with only the cockpit and undercarriage exposed. Both the Tamiya and ZM would have resulted in the waste of many details (engine, other internals) so the Revell kit is perfect to serve as a canvas for just the paint/markings finish.
I also have the Tamiya kit for a more detailed venture. There are more reasons other than price/details why people buy a specific kit.