ZOUKEI MURA 2019-2020 - NEW P-51B/C, Bf-109G and Ar-234 ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

Jan_G

I don’t care if you can display the plane in flight that much as normally I do the cockpit without a pilot anyway, what I would like to see though is the option to display the cowlings on or off as I choose.  I prefer it all buttoned up but like the idea of being able to take the cowling off and open it up to show.  I don’t like being committed to cowling uncovered only.  Given a choice one or the other normally I close it all up.  

I would like to see ZM do something like Tamiya did with their mustang and give you the option of open or close on the top and side cowlings.  I found with the TAmiya kit, I never removed the bottom cowling so I say don’t worry about that one.  

6 hours ago, cbk57 said:

There is no indication in this version of reality that Tamiya is considering or planning a B/C Mustang.  I don’t think you can link at any unused parts in any of their Mustang kits to a possible P-51 B/C and they have given no indication which they don’t do any way. 

Where is the indication they won't ? 

There aren't many parts  common to both the Spitfire Mk8/9 and the 16e either.

You're just being pessimistic   <_<

;)

7 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

;)

I'd imagine that the only people in the world that are truly qualified to accurately predict what Tamiya will or will not do next, are select management personnel at Tamiya themselves. I know there have been a few web gurus that believed they'd figured out some "secret formula" for determining these things, but that is more frequently than not just more nonsensical guesswork, based on no reality at all.

10 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

;)

Actually, there is a heck of a lot more in common between the Spit IX and XVI than the P-51B/C and D! Pretty much the main diff between the two Spits is a Packard licensed version of the Rolls Royce in the XVI. 

31 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

Actually, there is a heck of a lot more in common between the Spit IX and XVI than the P-51B/C and D! Pretty much the main diff between the two Spits is a Packard licensed version of the Rolls Royce in the XVI. 

Except here we are talking about a bubble top version of the Spitfire.

13 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Oh yeah.....whatever your preference, (I'm a panels closed guy 100% as I generally feel open panels take away from the lines that made me like that plane) I think (FINALLY) having a choice of nice new tool  razor back P-51s from two quality manufacturers cant be anything but a good thing.

For me , bring on Miss Revenge (with some slight mods to an F6)!

Nice!

I'll see your "miss Revenge" and raise you "The Iowa Beaut" complete with Malcolm Hood!

Interesting aircraft.

This one was one of the aircraft flown by Flt Lt Warren Peglar of the RCAF whilst on a secondment in August 1944 with the 355th FG's 354 FS.

Three 109's and a 190 plus a JU 52 as it was landing. Made him an ace according to the 8th AF rules but not for the RAF as the JU52 had it's wheels on the ground so "only" a  "ground kill"

:D

Iowa%20Beaut_zpsbuv5wylx.jpg

Edited by PhilB

4 hours ago, PhilB said:

Nice!

I'll see your "miss Revenge" and raise you "The Iowa Beaut" complete with Malcolm Hood!

Interesting aircraft.

This one was one of the aircraft flown by Flt Lt Warren Peglar of the RCAF whilst on a secondment in August 1944 with the 355th FG's 354 FS.

Three 109's and a 190 plus a JU 52 as it was landing. Made him an ace according to the 8th AF rules but not for the RAF as the JU52 had it's wheels on the ground so "only" a  "ground kill"

:D

Iowa%20Beaut_zpsbuv5wylx.jpg

Love it! That is a super pretty scheme.....but just not sure I could put that 4 letter word on my model (Iowa) :lol:

For me, the P-51B Mustang that really fired my imagination is "Sweet Clara II" 
Some of you may be looking at it and think: "Is that a Romanian pilot?" Yes it is! This aircraft has a very interesting story. Some of you may know that Bf 109 G-6 with large US flags on the sides. (That was included on my very first decal sheet ;-) ). That Bf 109 was flown on a diplomatic mission by Romania highest-scoring ace, Constantin Cantacuzino, after Romania switched sides and joined the Allies. He flew from Romania to Foggia in Italy. The radio of the Messerschmitt was removed and the highest-ranking US POW in Romania, Col. James A. Gunn III, was placed in that space. The two of them flew to Foggia where they made the arrangements to have all US POWs flown from Romania to Italy before the Russians reached them. After the US officer was delivered to Foggia, Cantacuzino made preparations to fly back in his Bf 109, but some over-enthusiastic US "jock" asked to be allowed to fly it. Even though Cantacuzino warned him that the 109 had a nasty take-off tail-swing, the US pilot still tried to fly it and then promptly totalled the 109 during take-off. Cantacuzino had no plane to fly back home, so the Americans, (red-faced, I presume) gave him this Mustang. Cantacuzino took off without any trouble and landed back in Romania safe and sound. This Mustang was flown back to Foggia by one of the freed POWs. 
I would like to build both the US-flag 109 and this P-51 side by side and tell this amazing story. ;-) 

43-2485790SweetClaraII_b.jpg 

More here: http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=1687

Edited by Radub

16 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

;)

I think there is every reason to believe my pessimism is fully justified.  You could call me pessimistic or you could call it realistic.  I really study everything I can find on Tamiya as I like their other models a lot except motorcycles.  Even though their Motorcycle kits are out of this world, I just am not into them.  I think there is every reason to believe that there will not be a new 1/32 of any kind in the near future from Tamiya.  

I just don’t see that as a problem because ZM, WNW and HKM are doing great stuff.  These three companies really focus on 1/32 Airplanes and are worthy of our support as modelers.  This is a LSP site and for these three their meet and potato’s are LSPs.  

Revell, although their specialty is low cost like TAmiya is not principle a 1/32 airplane maker, they are a general model maker so we can’t count on them for a lot of subjects coming out.  But they do seem committed to regularly doing new 1/32 subjects so they are good too.  

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Love it! That is a super pretty scheme.....but just not sure I could put that 4 letter word on my model (Iowa) :lol:

I'll try and find something with Nebraska or Omahaha in it for you!

Got a great story about a 19 year old from Oklahoma who joined the RCAF at 19 and made ace on Malta with over 10 confirmed kills. Oklahoma begins with "O" just like Omaha.

:evil_laugh:

It’s been a while since I’ve dug out my Tamiya Spitfire kits, but as I remember, there are a LOT of common sprues between the Mk.16 and the Mk.8/9 kits.  The major changes were new right/left fuselage halves, change from the “c” wing to the “e” wing, and the bubble canopy.

The “e” wing conversion was a small sprue since it just consisted of new cannon fairings, gun panels, and plugs for the outer wing .303s.  Since the “e” wing could, in theory, be fitted with the “c” armament, the changes were much smaller that the changes between the P-51B/C four gun wings and the P-51D six gun wings.  About the only cockpit changes in the Spit were the bulkheads just behind the pilot.  The remainder of the cockpit, as well as the engine, nose, wings, gear, and tail surfaces were the same in the kits.

2 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I think there is every reason to believe my pessimism is fully justified.  You could call me pessimistic or you could call it realistic.  I really study everything I can find on Tamiya as I like their other models a lot except motorcycles.  Even though their Motorcycle kits are out of this world, I just am not into them.  I think there is every reason to believe that there will not be a new 1/32 of any kind in the near future from Tamiya.  

I just don’t see that as a problem because ZM, WNW and HKM are doing great stuff.  These three companies really focus on 1/32 Airplanes and are worthy of our support as modelers.  This is a LSP site and for these three their meet and potato’s are LSPs.  

Revell, although their specialty is low cost like TAmiya is not principle a 1/32 airplane maker, they are a general model maker so we can’t count on them for a lot of subjects coming out.  But they do seem committed to regularly doing new 1/32 subjects so they are good too.  

Too bad about Tamiya, if that ends up being true.    Still think that no one else comes close to their level of execution.    As noted, there are other outfits so it’s not quite the end of the world, tho WNW is still very much a niche provider.    

Really wish Airfix had released that Hellcat in 32nd instead of that heretic scale they went with.  How big of a market is there for kits in that scale anyway?